General News about Key and his Staff

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Must have been the brilliant OC's idea to line up the tackle at WR. Usually the tackles are the guys that line up next to the guards, but hell what do I know I never played college football.

This was run in backside B-gap you know outside the guard and inside the tackle but have at it

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

GT33

Helluva Engineer
This was run in backside B-gap you know outside the guard and inside the tackle but have at it

giphy.gif
Yeah but he actually ran thru the C gap for the TD against da U. Not between the tackles which would either be the a or b gap. Done arguing with you. Gibbs is a very good back but he’s not a durable pounder between the tackles and he doesn’t
pass block well.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yeah but he actually ran thru the C gap for the TD against da U. Not between the tackles which would either be the a or b gap. Done arguing with you. Gibbs is a very good back but he’s not a durable pounder between the tackles and he doesn’t
pass block well.
Nm

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
pass block well.
Excuse me the lined washed the LB down and Gibbs ran where Tackle was. Who called him a pounder? Im not arguing. Just posting to inaccurate stuff that was posted.

EddieK

Jolly Good Fellow
Jason Semore makes the list of this publication's top LB coaches. The five finalist for the award are below:

Linebackers Coach
Pete Golding, Alabama
Bam Hardmon/Tayler Polk, Troy
Jason Semore, Georgia Tech
Mike Tressel, Cincinnati
Seth Wallace, Iowa

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
OC Buster update...

The Atlanta Journal Constitution: Georgia sings praises of new Georgia Tech coordinator Buster Faulkner.

GTRambler

Helluva Engineer
OC Buster update...

The Atlanta Journal Constitution: Georgia sings praises of new Georgia Tech coordinator Buster Faulkner.
Excellent article. Thanks for posting it.

It will be quite an adjustment for Coach Faulkner in dealing with the huge difference in talent level between UGA and GT, but I believe he will do well in fitting GT’s offense to the players he has on hand.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
I’ve seen several projections (Mel Kiper for one I believe) who have Gibbs as the only RB in the first round. Not bad
He may be with a good combine. Most have him as the second best back.
First pick last year was at 36, but both he and Robinson are better than anyone in last years class, so I could see them getting picked in close proximity at 20+, then a break in rb picks

slugboy

Staff member
We have three offensive co-coordinators. Seems like a lot. I wonder how the work gets divided up. Considering that Key is offense-minded, we’ll have a lot of opinions on how to run the offense

We’ve racked up a number of staff who have had experience at AppState.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
We have three offensive co-coordinators. Seems like a lot. I wonder how the work gets divided up. Considering that Key is offense-minded, we’ll have a lot of opinions on how to run the offense

We’ve racked up a number of staff who have had experience at AppState.
I believe we only have 2 co-oc’s. Crawford was co-OC at western Kentucky, he’s only WR at GT.

Novajacket

Jolly Good Fellow
There's a few staffs that do passing and rushing game coordinator s too, it's usually based on pay. So until they announce we won't know official titles.

I like that they have has one success at smaller schools, and worked somewhat together. Ideally this helps the staff to work together more quickly.

Rammy

Georgia Tech Fan
Sorry if this has been posted before, but my brother-in-law is best friends with Buster’s brother. He recently met Buster at his house and asked him how they got the Texas A&M QB to transfer to Tech. He said Stetson actually reached out to him and praised Buster as a coach and mentor without his knowledge. Again, sorry if this has already been posted, but thought it was interesting and pretty telling about Buster and Stetson’s relationship

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Sorry if this has been posted before, but my brother-in-law is best friends with Buster’s brother. He recently met Buster at his house and asked him how they got the Texas A&M QB to transfer to Tech. He said Stetson actually reached out to him and praised Buster as a coach and mentor without his knowledge. Again, sorry if this has already been posted, but thought it was interesting and pretty telling about Buster and Stetson’s relationship
Stetson has improved each year.
Buster built a qb that knows the offense.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
If Stetson Bennett doesn’t go to the NFL, it sounds like we might have a helluva grad assistant following Buster Faulkner pretty soon.