General News about Key and his Staff

Dustman

Helluva Engineer
No. Vodka comes off the still at 180-190 proof. It is almost all neutral spirit (ethanol and water). White dog (or clear whiskey) comes off no higher than 160 proof, which retains a ton of cogeners and other minor constituents that add flavor. Whiskey is not made from vodka. Gin is essentially a vodka flavored with botanicals, primarily juniper (US) and coriander (Europe). Interesting note: Gin and Geneva both come from the French (genièvre) or Dutch (genever).
I’m guessing Al Ciraldo was a gin drinker. And he was the OG of hashtags.

T-Bone Burdell

Georgia Tech Fan

LargeFO

Helluva Engineer
That's not new. It was reported by several sources.

Do you want to know why Cabrera emphasized Batt's ability to raise funds? Because he understands that a small group of donors have gotten their way inside the GTAA due to their $$$ influence for a long time now. Cabrera and Batt are working to dilute that kind of influence by broadening the donor base and working on other revenue streams that neutralizes the high level donor dependence.

We'll see how it all develops over the next few years.

I thought Carolina picked up Morpheus? I actually don’t thing anything Collins did as far as marketing was dumb. But he couldnt win football games which made him look like a fraud.

That was Patrick suddes.

bikeseat

GT Athlete
The marketing stuff seems silly to everyone over 18 and that's fine. It's not meant for you. I'm late 20s and I think it's silly now, but at that age it's different. It only looks stupid in hindsight because we sucked for 4yrs.

If Geoff had won games, we would be celebrating his marketing flair. It's the classic example of "it's only stupid if it doesn't work"

alagold

Helluva Engineer
If this is true, it is expected but disappointing none the less. Why resort to such subterfuge? Why not set realistic goals for the players and demand that they meet them? I don't understand the rationale behind this sort of thing.
That weight room stuff follows on the "weight-gain" program that was a bust it seemed.Basically got guys FAT since the results meant nothing positive in reality in games.. I was amazed at size of our 2 safeties--bigger than the pros and couldn't cover squat..

really

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
The marketing stuff seems silly to everyone over 18 and that's fine. It's not meant for you. I'm late 20s and I think it's silly now, but at that age it's different. It only looks stupid in hindsight because we sucked for 4yrs.

If Geoff had won games, we would be celebrating his marketing flair. It's the classic example of "it's only stupid if it doesn't work"
I agree that it's only stupid if it doesn't work. But I'm not sure that the marketing effort and the lack of results are independent things.

slugboy

Staff member
TCU is playing KState right now on ABC. I doubt we’re getting either of their OC’s, but Key might have asked TCU’s OC for recommendations.

It’s a good chance to see some high-performing offenses and make a wish list of what you’d like to see (or not).

Edited to add: Heck, watch the punt teams, too. See if they get one blocked.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Yeah, I'm half-watching it in between runs of the Birds of Prey Downhill. That has to be the smallest running back I've seen in decades.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
TCU is playing KState right now on ABC. I doubt we’re getting either of their OC’s, but Key might have asked TCU’s OC for recommendations.

It’s a good chance to see some high-performing offenses and make a wish list of what you’d like to see (or not).
It’s also possible that Brent Key already knows who our OC will be, and maybe he’s asking for position coach suggestions or search criteria. I wouldn’t be surprised if Key has been in contact with Saban for advice as well.

slugboy

Staff member
It’s also possible that Brent Key already knows who our OC will be, and maybe he’s asking for position coach suggestions or search criteria. I wouldn’t be surprised if Key has been in contact with Saban for advice as well.
There are reports that Key has been calling his network, including Saban. I think Jim Chaney is still on staff. He shows lots of signs that he’s seeking quality advice.

This B12 championship game is entertaining.

00Burdell

Helluva Engineer
That weight room stuff follows on the "weight-gain" program that was a bust it seemed.Basically got guys FAT since the results meant nothing positive in reality in games.. I was amazed at size of our 2 safeties--bigger than the pros and couldn't cover squat..

really
Don't forget the lies Collins propagated to all the media outlets that our OL carryovers from Johnson had an average weight of 260#. Collins lied about our OL and he basically lied about our strength numbers to make himself look better and most everyone bought it because who lies about stuff like that?

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Don't forget the lies Collins propagated to all the media outlets that our OL carryovers from Johnson had an average weight of 260#. Collins lied about our OL and he basically lied about our strength numbers to make himself look better and most everyone bought it because who lies about stuff like that?
Let it go. Serves no purpose to keep dragging that crap back out.

GT14

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to take a moment to try and push the pause button on the Morpheus hate, Santino was very good at his job. The ATL and 404 designs were top notch. It's one thing to hate the direction he was given, or who gave him the direction itself, but it's another to hate the product. There's nothing sobering about losing a digital designer to the title of Head of Creative/Brand Strategy. He's upper twenties filling a role that's typically reserved for mid thirties at the earliest.

He's also just a super nice guy. I emailed him a few years back asking for a specific ATL design that I couldn't find in high quality. He sent over the full vector image format later that afternoon, we chatted for a few emails about what it was for, etc. It's a white background front license plate on my wife's white car and looks fantastic (when I keep it clean...).

For those who have an issue that the football department employed a digital designer, well, fair. But I absolutely want him back working for the GTAA. My wife's a GA Southern grad living in Atlanta, so she's not going to use a GT license plate, but she loves the subtley GT-themed Atlanta license plate. It's gotten compliments from others (when clean) and helps tie GT to the city of Atlanta. His designs really did work at making unaffiliated Atlanta residents think positively about Tech.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Riley isn't looking very good today. At least so far.

EDIT: And...TCU immediately scores after I type that ;)

Billygoat91

Jolly Good Fellow
I want to take a moment to try and push the pause button on the Morpheus hate, Santino was very good at his job. The ATL and 404 designs were top notch. It's one thing to hate the direction he was given, or who gave him the direction itself, but it's another to hate the product. There's nothing sobering about losing a digital designer to the title of Head of Creative/Brand Strategy. He's upper twenties filling a role that's typically reserved for mid thirties at the earliest.

He's also just a super nice guy. I emailed him a few years back asking for a specific ATL design that I couldn't find in high quality. He sent over the full vector image format later that afternoon, we chatted for a few emails about what it was for, etc. It's a white background front license plate on my wife's white car and looks fantastic (when I keep it clean...).

For those who have an issue that the football department employed a digital designer, well, fair. But I absolutely want him back working for the GTAA. My wife's a GA Southern grad living in Atlanta, so she's not going to use a GT license plate, but she loves the subtley GT-themed Atlanta license plate. It's gotten compliments from others (when clean) and helps tie GT to the city of Atlanta. His designs really did work at making unaffiliated Atlanta residents think positively about Tech.
This is too mature for the internet lol