General News about Key and his Staff

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
or "he's at the 10, he's at the 15, he's at the 20 and down he goes"
I was just commenting during the games last weekend that the art of Play-by-Play is dead. No one does that 'calling the action' thing anymore. At best, they quit talking about something unrelated to the play on the field while the play unfolds, quickly summarize it by saying "A nice run for a first down." and then get back to whatever inane chatter that the play so rudely interrupted.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I am really pleased to see that Key seems to be moving quickly to evaluate the changes he thinks need to be made in the program.
I get the impression that we will makeover most of the offensive staff and keep most of the defensive staff.

I don't get any sense that we have a significant amount of money to spend on new hires so I am intrigued to see who GT will ultimately hire.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
I read somewhere that beer restores brain cells, so there’s still hope.
Early research has shown that compounds that make hops bitter reduces the protein accumulation that causes alzheimers and improve cognitive function in mouse models.

That might be the reason I drink so much beer. :beer:

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
Obviously we would all love Garrett Riley, but why would he come here? It’s a side grade at best.
He may not come here, BUT, he may want to come here. If we make the right offer, and no respectable HC offers are made yet to him, he could come here and “prove” what he can really do. Because if he comes here and has success, he will be HC somewhere soon for sure.

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
Looking at what he has done since taking over I would say he looks at performance pretty hard.
That's what I'm hearing, it's all about performance with everybody, no messing around with it either, he's bottom line sort of guy. Kids earn playing time, coaches earn pay etc. If that's the case I absolutely love it. Sounds like he has a plan that fits GT at this time, has given it really good thought and now it's execution time. Go Jackets!!!

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
I was running up and down the lower west, between the 25-30 yd. line. The old guard jeered at me like I had lost my mind. Well, I have now at 63.
Furman Bisher called them "the hanging jury in the West Stands". My parents and I sat in the middle of them and they were hard to please. This one guy in front of us was typical. That old geezer had to be 75 if he was a day (or about 8 years older than I am now but I digress) Tech would have the ball, might even score...not a sound out of him. Then, when Tech was on defense, the other team makes a first down and boy howdy would he get agitated. He would start muttering: "Where are you at, Tech?" I thought it was funny, unless they scored then it wasn't funny.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I would love a shot at Joe Brady. Younger guy still hungry, he showed what he could do with someone like Burrow. Also, I think he has some solid recruiting chops, and has fought in the Southeast.

okiemon

Helluva Engineer
Furman Bisher called them "the hanging jury in the West Stands". My parents and I sat in the middle of them and they were hard to please. This one guy in front of us was typical. That old geezer had to be 75 if he was a day (or about 8 years older than I am now but I digress) Tech would have the ball, might even score...not a sound out of him. Then, when Tech was on defense, the other team makes a first down and boy howdy would he get agitated. He would start muttering: "Where are you at, Tech?" I thought it was funny, unless they scored then it wasn't funny.
Back when I lived in Atlanta and had season tickets, we sat in the West Stands lower deck at about the 35 yard line. When Tech scored or made a good play, I’ve seen opera audiences get more excited and loud than those folks did.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Back when I lived in Atlanta and had season tickets, we sat in the West Stands lower deck at about the 35 yard line. When Tech scored or made a good play, I’ve seen opera audiences get more excited and loud than those folks did.
That was bad form. My father and mother had the "golf clap" down to perfection. The only time I saw them get excited was when Tech played Alabama and Auburn. For some reason, Tennessee and UGA just did not resonate with them for some reason but those Alabama teams got them going in a hurry. My mother nearly got into a fight with a drunk Alabama fan back in 1962. It was something to see.

GTJeff1975

Jolly Good Fellow
Early research has shown that compounds that make hops bitter reduces the protein accumulation that causes alzheimers and improve cognitive function in mouse models.

That might be the reason I drink so much beer. :beer:
Well damn! I’m a vodka man. (Does that count as drinking whiskey clear???😜)

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I was just commenting during the games last weekend that the art of Play-by-Play is dead. No one does that 'calling the action' thing anymore. At best, they quit talking about something unrelated to the play on the field while the play unfolds, quickly summarize it by saying "A nice run for a first down." and then get back to whatever inane chatter that the play so rudely interrupted.
My big complaint about radio football announcers these days is they will fail to tell you what yard line the ball is on until the play has been over for a several seconds and sometimes not until the next play is called. Since you cannot see the game, they need to let you know how the ball is being advanced during the play so you can picture it. Drives me crazy.