General News about Key and his Staff

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
Everybody knows that position has already been filled by @GCdaJuiceMan. :p

Seriously though, if there's ever been a case for a name change, this is it right? Do we need to start a petition to help this guy out?
George Costanza made Seinfeld. Some would say, he brought the JUICE. Not many other reputable humans with those initials.

i'm out george costanza GIF by simongibson2000

GCdaJuiceMan

Helluva Engineer
I don't want to speak for him but he has already addressed this. I think this handle is a hair shirt that he has donned in response to being so quick to fall in love 4 years ago. He doesn't want to forget and will wear it like a scarlet letter of shame that he has self imposed. At least that is what I got out of it. Have to respect it. We can see what he says when he chimes in.
You about summed it up @4shotB - hopefully the handle doesn't trigger too many negative responses. Hate to make y'alls job more difficult...

Or do I...

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
This is a tangent, but give credit to Tech... at the 22/23 sec mark, the return “wall” was a thing of beauty. Five guys shoulder to shoulder with the returner behind. Perfect!
You mentioned being 30, so you may not even be aware, but as I recall the rules for KO return were changed to prevent this. It used to be the “textbook” approach to blocking a kick return. Someone else can set me straight but is it still illegal or just not done anymore? I remember discussions about safety concerns being the primary reason it went away. I don’t see it anymore and I don’t think I’ve seen it penalized, but then again it’s rare to see a kickoff even get returned these days...
It was a derivative of the flying wedge, now illegal:

stech81

Helluva Engineer
I can’t give my source up, especially after what’s happened to Ken at the AJC. So do not ask, please. Stech81 is going to be happy to hear that CBK has been talking to Garrett Riley. Have no other information, but will update if I hear more later on.
Would love him but not going to get my hopes up. In 2 years he will be a Head Coach somewhere

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Everybody knows that position has already been filled by @GCdaJuiceMan. :p

Seriously though, if there's ever been a case for a name change, this is it right? Do we need to start a petition to help this guy out?

The Juice man aka @GCdaJuiceMan and I hashed this very topic out a couple days ago.

He'll correct me if I'm wrong for the first time in my life but I think he's gonna own it. Redefine it. Bold move, Cotton. Bold move.

Heisman's Ghost

Helluva Engineer
Long gone

He did not waste any time did he? I wonder if he got rid of them based on what he thought of their performance, or was it more personality clashes or some combination? Maybe, he already had someone in his pocket to replace them that he liked better? It is Coach Key's show now. He can do as he pleases for better or worse.

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
Obviously we would all love Garrett Riley, but why would he come here? It’s a side grade at best.
The other possibility is asking Riley for advice on OCs since he has done great in that position. Obviously would love to have him but I agree it makes little sense to go from a playoff team to GT.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The other possibility is asking Riley for advice on OCs since he has done great in that position. Obviously would love to have him but I agree it makes little sense to go from a playoff team to GT.
Well … unless he wanted to; some coaches like building from scratch. You never know with these things. I'm hoping that we can make Riley an offer he'll have a hard time refusing.

1976jacket

Georgia Tech Fan
He did not waste any time did he? I wonder if he got rid of them based on what he thought of their performance, or was it more personality clashes or some combination? Maybe, he already had someone in his pocket to replace them that he liked better? It is Coach Key's show now. He can do as he pleases for better or worse.
Looking at what he has done since taking over I would say he looks at performance pretty hard.