General News about Key and his Staff

New Old Guy

Jolly Good Fellow
Who is Key most likely to hire as S & C coach? It was interesting to hear during his press conference just how much of an emphasis he puts on the S & C of the mental and physical conditioning that takes place in the weight room. He also said that it will start once the student athletes return from Christmas break so I assume the person will be in place prior to that deadline?
OC hire most likely is high priority?
Don’t know who is new S&C coach, but will be announced this week.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
Who is Key most likely to hire as S & C coach? It was interesting to hear during his press conference just how much of an emphasis he puts on the S & C of the mental and physical conditioning that takes place in the weight room. He also said that it will start once the student athletes return from Christmas break so I assume the person will be in place prior to that deadline?
OC hire most likely is high priority?
Is it too early for Will Bryan? IDK

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Is it too early for Will Bryan? IDK
A gt athlete like Will graduated in 4 years BA while giving all for gt.
He followed Sisk to Ga State to get knowledge strength training.

Wish we could set up a coop type arrangement w emory / ga state / gt so gt athletes ( in good standing) to get some sort of sports management. training certificate. The problem will be our guys will graduate before they are srs

x

Last edited:

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
A gt athlete like Will graduated in 4 years BA while giving all for gt.
He followed Sisk to Ga State to get knowledge strength training.

Wish we could set up a coop type arrangement w emory / ga state / gt so gt athletes ( in good standing) to get some sort of sports management. training certificate. The problem will be our guys will graduate before they are srs

x

Sports, Society, and Technology Program​

The Sports, Society, and Technology (SST) Program and Research Alliance seek to create interest and increased visibility for the interdisciplinary study of sports at Georgia Tech.
This interdisciplinary program is housed in the Ivan Allen College of Liberal Arts and is administrated through the School of History and Sociology. We offer a 15-hour undergraduate SST minor with high-quality courses and support and promote Georgia Tech faculty research related to sports.

Sports, Society, and Technology Research Center​

The Sports, Society, and Technology (SST) Research Center is an arm of the SST Program that also seeks to create interest and increased visibility for the interdisciplinary study of sport at the Georgia Institute of Technology.

The Research Center sponsors research-oriented workshops and additionally supports and promotes Georgia Tech faculty research findings related to sports. Explore some of our recent events below.

Randy Carson

Helluva Engineer
Let's assume that Tech is able to recruit well on an annual basis. Not "elite"...but a solid group of 3*'s with an occasional 4* or two at key positions. (The number of 4*'s will naturally improve over time as our record improves, IMO.) But in the more immediate future:
  1. Do we have the Defensive Coordinator and position coaches we need to play Top 25 college FB with existing and incoming talent at that level?
  2. Do we have the Offensive Coordinator and position coaches we need to play Top 25 college FB with existing and incoming talent at that level?
I gather from the posts that a lot of folks think that we're okay on the Defensive side of the ball. Is that correct?

If so, we're all just waiting to see who the next OC will be and what his scheme will look like, correct?

Or do we really need to see both a change in coaches AND a HUGE leap in recruiting to get where we want to be?

billga99

Ramblin' Wreck
The biggest concern I have on defense is we lost very talented players at LB and DL that spent a lot of time on the field. Eley, Thomas and White were all big contributors. I am not sure we have anything close to their level as backups or incoming freshmen. Hopefully there will not be a big dropoff.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I’m hearing rumors that Josh Gattis wants to leave Miami. I think he worked with Brent Key at Alabama. Is it possible that he’s one of the candidates being interviewed for the Tech OC job?

Absolutely not. He was good at Michigan under Harbaugh and other offensive staff, but he went into Miami who spent a LOT of NIL on various players and this year their OFEI is 92.

Bryan Ellis at GA Southern...pay that man and get him up to GT.

85Escape

Helluva Engineer
Scott Frost seems to be available right now. How would we feel about him? He did a good job as OC at Oregon and seemed to have pretty good offenses at UCF. Plus he has experience coaching WRs, so he could likely double up in that role if needed.
He didn't overlap at UCF with Key at all did he? That would be interesting. I have no idea what type of offense he prefers. Being from Oregon, I would expect one that maximizes high speed athletes more than ground and pound. But I'm just guessing.

TromboneJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He didn't overlap at UCF with Key at all did he? That would be interesting. I have no idea what type of offense he prefers. Being from Oregon, I would expect one that maximizes high speed athletes more than ground and pound. But I'm just guessing.
I believe he went to UCF right after Key was dismissed, so they would have just missed overlapping, but it wouldn’t surprise me if they know each other, and I would be surprised if they haven’t heard of each other.