General News about Key and his Staff

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I'm ok with Long/Weinke for offense. On defense I could go either way with retaining Thacker or letting him go. No more 300lb defensive ends covering rbs on wheel routes however. That defense was just stupid, not fair to #6, and cost us several times. Terrible design which makes me question him.

White was only suppose to shadow the RB out to flats, and the safety was supposed to roll that way for cover. Safety was looking at something in the backfield and didn't give help. This time the safety didn't do their job. The only reason why it looked like White had the entire route was because he saw our safety not rolling towards the RB and White did the best he could.

We played that type of coverage before and it was fine.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Pretty early in negotiations, but major offensive shakeup coming. I'd guess Bryan Ellis or Godsey.

Interesting. OFEI of #40 this season, after finishing at #118 last year. Was Co OC with Zach Kittley at WKU in 2021...Kittley was who Key was supposedly pushing for before Long came here:

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. OFEI of #40 this season, after finishing at #118 last year. Was Co OC with Zach Kittley at WKU in 2021...Kittley was who Key was supposedly pushing for before Long came here:

Southern also lost their top 3 runningbacks, and their top 5 WR's this year down the stretch. At one point they were in the top 10.

They also only allowed 5 true sacks all year. There have been a few where van trease took off running and just didn't make a yard so they got counted.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Southern also lost their top 3 runningbacks, and their top 5 WR's this year down the stretch. At one point they were in the top 10.

They also only allowed 5 true sacks all year. There have been a few where van trease took off running and just didn't make a yard so they got counted.

Sounds like GT may not be the only one going after him. Will be one of Key's most important recruits if he does go after Ellis.

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Pretty early in negotiations, but major offensive shakeup coming. I'd guess Bryan Ellis or Godsey.
Like Ellis’ bio.
Those are the up and coming coaches we need to go after. This is key’s one shot, we have to build a good staff around him.

Of course, we should be hitting up tashard, maybe AHC title to grease the wheels? Wouldn’t be the first time he transferred to us from the Big XII