1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Kevin Ware Transferring

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Basketball' started by 305jacket, Mar 29, 2014.

1. 305jacket

305jacket Helluva Engineer

2. kg01

kg01 Get-Bak! Coach Featured Member

I'd be surprised if it's not viewed as an in-conference transfer so we'd be out, no? He'll be in Aub or GaSt like the article says IMHO.

Not sure he'd be a huge difference maker for us anyway.

3. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

I do not recall him being on GT's wish list in 2011. Not sure we ever offered.

4. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

We recruited him along with Louisville & UCF.

5. collegeballfan

collegeballfan Helluva Engineer

Thanks. An old man's memory is fading fast.

6. forensicbuzz

forensicbuzz Helluva Engineer

Louisville not part of ACC until July 1, I think. Probably doesn't matter anyway.

7. Stinger90

Stinger90 Helluva Engineer

He didn't make much of an impact for Louisville this year, in part because of his leg injury.

8. yellowRambler

yellowRambler Ramblin' Wreck

don't want him here. Kid has serious problems.

9. jeffgt14

jeffgt14 We Suck

Most likely going to Auburn. He initially wanted to play for Bruce Pearl but went to Louisville after Pearl was out at Tennessee.

10. Peacone36

Peacone36 ACCBasketballReport.com Contributing Writer

He's a name because of the injury and the trouble not his play.

Pass

11. RamblinCharger

RamblinCharger Helluva Engineer

He was a 4 star shooting guard, I'd give the kid a shot, if he is trouble or it doesn't work out he would only be here for what a year, maybe two? We could use anyone with shooting ability that we can get, but I imagine he'll head to auburn to play for pearl. Auburn is about to be better than us in basketball. Think about that for a minute. That's where our program is right now... in the dumps.

12. Peacone36

See how well we have developed our perimeter people the last couple years?

Again. Pass.

13. RamblinCharger

Glad you're okay with Gregory and the three stars winning us 15-18 games a year, but we need talent. Lets pass on you being a coach ever ha.

14. kg01

I think/hope @Peacone36 was being sarcastic although it's a little confusing.

We certainly need a talent infusion, however, I don't know if Ware would help us. I'm pretty torn actually. He'd probably start but with all the inferences that there are off-court troubles, we probably can't afford to take him. Gregory's already had more than his share of legal/disciplinary problems so far.

15. RamblinCharger

I agree, it's just confusing how fast a few guys were saying pass when we NEED talent badly.

16. Peacone36

Im being serious. Stacey Poole was a 4 star guy too. Kevin Ware is not the answer. His outside shooting is suspect. There are better players out there via transfer that I would go after before.

And if you pay attention to my posts you would know that I am far from ok with Gregory. Since day one.

17. kg01

Ah, I think I read you now. Your original post made it sound like you were suggesting that our perimeter guys were fine as is. I don't know if there are better transfer options out there that have interest in us, though. Maybe the guy from Cornell?

18. Peacone36

That is true.

Eron Harris would be a dream come true but he will be at either Butler or Indiana. I expect the former and I don't even know if we were ever in on him anyways.

I am also not aware of any transfer students that have interest in us and we do need talent. I just don't see Will Bynum as much as I see Stacey Poole.

19. dtm1997

dtm1997 Helluva Engineer Featured Member

Peacone is dead on about Ware. There's no indication he's better than what we have or any less prone to being a knucklehead. I also highly doubt he'd start over Tadric down the road. Also, despite being highly supportive of GT hoops, he's definitely no fan of CBG's coaching.

I haven't seen us listed as involved with any transfers other than post player MJ Rhett, but he's since eliminated us. I'm hopeful we get in the mix on Chris Obekpa from St. John's, but that will be tough sledding.

Cressler from Cornell would be an ideal sharpshooter type and is seeking a quality academic school at a higher hoops level, but I think other schools already have the jump on us (ND, Vandy, Creighton, Pitt).

Meanwhile, there are more hitting the market each day. Here's Jeff Goodman's list.

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bas...ry-transfer-2014-offseason-college-basketball

20. RamblinCharger

It's a shame that we can't find a coach that recruits like Paul Hewitt but coaches X's and O's at a higher level. Then we wouldn't need to worry about transfers.