Kentucky defense

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
If I am Mark Stoops and Kentucky, how do I prepare for a high school offense like the TO/Flex bone in 3 weeks time?

Something the team hasnt seen all year.

Do I stay at home with my secondary to limit the deep ball? Concentrate on between the guard yards?

What is the popular opinion here?

Jmonty71

Banned
My guess is, he'll watch the last few games that we played against Clemson and VT. Thing is... KEN-Sucky... Doesn't have the athletes that those schools do, on defense. I think they will have to over load the box to stop the run. We should have some pretty big pass plays at JT's disposal. I also think Mills will run wild. Over 100 yards with 3 TD's I have GT in this one 48-33. No, our D won't stop KEN-Sucky.. But, they won't be able to stop us. I have a few ugag alumni friends. They ALL wished us luck and said he'd run for near 400 yards on them.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
If I am Mark Stoops and Kentucky, how do I prepare for a high school offense like the TO/Flex bone in 3 weeks time?

Something the team hasnt seen all year.

Do I stay at home with my secondary to limit the deep ball? Concentrate on between the guard yards?

What is the popular opinion here?

Far from being an expert but I would do what Georgia did in the second half against us and play more of a 50 look with an odd front. I watched a replay of their game with Mississippi State which they won with a last second field goal. Both teams went up and down the field. Kentucky is the only team in the SEC with two backs that have rushed for over 1000 yards this year. Impressive. Their quarterback is slender but athletic. Seems that they have two really big corners that may be troublesome. If I were them I would play 7 or 8 in the box to stop the dive and take chances with giving up the big play. Just my two cents.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
In 2014 Miss State had an amazing front 7 and had a month, but they still got rekt. I don't even think this game will be close
the dc took another job and Mullins promoted a ast coach who had never been dc. After Coach gave him a lesson in " in game coaching adjustments really matter", he was replaced.

Unlike 15 Coach has many tools to make in game adjustments.
To your basic point -Kentucky is not loaded.
Imo they have to commit inside and will not have speed to cover outside or pass

buzz_wiser©

Helluva Engineer
the dc took another job and Mullins promoted a ast coach who had never been dc. After Coach gave him a lesson in " in game coaching adjustments really matter", he was replaced.

Unlike 15 Coach has many tools to make in game adjustments.
To your basic point -Kentucky is not loaded.
Imo they have to commit inside and will not have speed to cover outside or pass
So some skinny posts to BS all day?
Then crush them with some toss sweeps.....