Ken's write-up on 2009 class

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
there were some good players in that group but 1-15 is almost hard to believe against UM , Clemson, VT and Uga. Those numbers are what one would expect from WFOMOS. especially since UM had a worse overall record than us.

CobbTech

Jolly Good Fellow
The 2010 class wasn't that great in retrospect. Obviously Attochou was great but the rest of the class has been so/so.. The class of 2009 was much better.

2010 looked great on paper. Several 4 star guys that never panned out. Three 4 star DL guys (A. Williams, McCoy and Green). Several guys who never played a snap or is no longer on the roster. A couple guys who can't stay on the field. It's been a disappointing class in terms of on field production.

gtdrew

Banned
The 2010 class was the class that made me all but give up on star rankings. Too many "big timers" underperformed from that group.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
The 2010 class was the class that made me all but give up on star rankings. Too many "big timers" underperformed from that group.
That is why I think it is a waste of time getting excited about the rankings of any class. If you are impressed by some kids' film or you have seen them play in person, then fine, get amped up about them. The truth is that stars are earned in college and that a class should be evaluated three years after they sign. I don't mean to say that recruiting is a TOTAL crap shoot either, but I will say that following the star ratings as your measuring stick is a bit misguided. Bottom line, you have to trust the staff doing the evaluating and if you lose that trust based on repeated poor results (meaning swings and misses on kids signed), it is time for a change. Personally, I think our staff does a really good job of evaluating kids. They have had a couple tough breaks with DLs and finding WRs, but overall, the athleticism is pretty good. Identifying or evaluating talent and getting them to sign are two different things.

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
That's great in and of itself.

What is really important is will that class go 4-0 or 3-1 vs. muttville?
You do realize that only (2) GT recruiting class (1997 & 1998 class) have gone 3-1 against the mutts in the last 50 years. Of course that number gets better if you go back further in time and we see classes that have actually gone a perfect 4-0 against the mutts but who remembers games from back in the 1950's (or for that matter alive back then. Again, I apologize in advance to those who actually were alive AND remember games from the good ol' days).

I say 2-2 would be setting the bar high as CobbTech notes.