Kenny Cooper is Back

GTFLETCH

Banned
Tidbits on the OL....
In Cooper’s absence, last year’s left tackle Jahaziel Lee has moved to center and has performed well enough that head coach Paul Johnson said earlier in the preseason that there was a possibility of Lee remaining at center and Cooper sliding to right guard. “The plan right now is to get him ready for the second game (against South Florida),” Johnson told reporters Sunday. “He’s been conditioning every day, so we’ll just have to see. I doubt he could go out in the heat in Tampa and play 80 snaps. We’ll just have to see where he is and if he’s ready to play. If he’s not ready, we aren’t going to rush him.”

Johnson also provided some clarity on what should be expected from the offensive line Saturday as he named Morgan the starting right guard. So the first-team offensive line on Saturday (Alcorn St) should be Will Bryan at left tackle, Braun at left guard, Lee at center, Morgan at right guard and Marshall at right tackle.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Wow Braun, Lee, Cooper in the middle is a tough trio. I really like Bryan at Tackle. This is turning out to be possibly the best OL we've had since I can remember.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Far stronger to the left than right on the ol which is new for us. Traditionally the right has always been stronger. Interesting to see how our plays go this year. May be a hint at backside protection as well.

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I remember Jahaziel had some struggles last season at LT, it would be huge if he came into his own at Center.

33jacket

Helluva Engineer
Far stronger to the left than right on the ol which is new for us. Traditionally the right has always been stronger. Interesting to see how our plays go this year. May be a hint at backside protection as well.

Looks like the original ol starters in this thread are wrong. Line looks more balanced now. I like a tall Lt with long arms. Yay