Kelton Dawson Enters Transfer Portal

JacketOff

Helluva Engineer
Just take a look at how many people we are still above the scholarship limit and do the math.
Are you trying to insinuate that the guy with the 3rd most tackles and sacks on the DL last year was... processed due to scholarship numbers? Going into a year where depth and experience on the DL is a big question mark?

stinger 1957

Helluva Engineer
From what I read he was #3 in camp. Wish him well but I think his pt would have been reduced.

I don't know but I think you are right about his playing time and have to believe it's the reason that he's leaving. We got a lot of good prospects coming into the DL. Just MO, but might not be the last on the DL, I counted about 20 remaining after Dawson, some may be WOs.

gtstinger776

Ramblin' Wreck
I liked kelton. Sorry to see him go. But we have ~6 guys that will rotate at DE this year (ex true freshman), and he may want to go somewhere that allows him to maximize PT

At DE, we have: Clayton, Dingle, Domineck, Bennett, Yondjouen, and Henderson

All 6 of those guys are capable. We saw flashes from Dingle and Domineck last year. Clayton, Yondjouen, and Bennett are very physically gifted.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
I liked kelton. Sorry to see him go. But we have ~6 guys that will rotate at DE this year (ex true freshman), and he may want to go somewhere that allows him to maximize PT

All 6 of those guys are capable. We saw flashes from Dingle and Domineck last year. Clayton, Yondjouen, and Bennett are very physically gifted.

There is a difference between WDE and SDE. WDE and OLB aren't much different. We are pretty deep there, especially with incoming FR.

Dawson was a SDE. If I had to speculate, I'd say they wanted to move him inside where we have less depth, and he wanted to stay outside. But that's just a WAG. I am still curious as to why he was not ATL vs Georgie. That suggests he was in the dog house for some reason.

Techster

Helluva Engineer

We also have big talent coming in as Freshmen as well. This staff is just stacking talent on the DE spots...best man plays.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Ugly to have fans publicly guessing if our SA's are flunking out of school. Its not a good look at all. Just wish the kid well and he will always be a Jacket. No need to make up rumors of kids failing out of school.

Absolutely. I don't Twitter or I'd add this to the thread. Our SAs need to know we support them despite the few who speak out inappropriately.

Deleted member 2897

Tech fans embarrassing ourselves again. SMH...

Not to make excuses, but I looked that jackwagon up on twitter. He is a 75 year old grandfather who rarely even uses twitter. He must have gone to Tech in the 60s or something where you either passed grades or you failed out and were shipped off to Vietnam. He probably has no clue what he sounds like. It would be nice if someone could DM him and tell him to delete his tweet. Its just awful.

BurdellJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Not to make excuses, but I looked that jackwagon up on twitter. He is a 75 year old grandfather who rarely even uses twitter. He must have gone to Tech in the 60s or something where you either passed grades or you failed out and were shipped off to Vietnam. He probably has no clue what he sounds like. It would be nice if someone could DM him and tell him to delete his tweet. Its just awful.

I agree the tweet was not appropriate, but take exception to your denigrating 70 real old granddads who graduated in the 60s. We can be pretty good folks and Hell of engineers!

iopjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Let this be a lesson for those who assume it's his grades. First off, it isnt anybody's business what his grades look like and second he can choose to leave on any accord he feels like..

We should all follow this advice. We don't know why Kelton Dawson is leaving but he is certainly entitled to privacy about his life.

Thank you Kelton for being a part of the team and good luck with your future endeavors.