Kelton Dawson Enters Transfer Portal

Deleted member 2897

Nobody forces someone to get into a transfer portal, so he is choosing this as his best path forward. I hope he finds a good landing spot to get a strong college degree and more playing time for himself.

I would also like to confirm I am entering the transfer portal to leave the year 2020. I will gladly accept being recruited to any other year. Good bless and no interviews please.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
Good luck to Kelton. We have a lot of pieces on the DL looking to develop. Hopefully we'll be in good enough shape without him.

MacJacket

Helluva Engineer
This is a bummer. He looked pretty good last year and I don't suspect playing time is the issue. Time for the youngsters to step up.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Lots of talent coming in at DE, but Dawson looked good last year. I thought he could have eventually moved inside eventually, but alas he's moving on. It's gonna definitely hurt depth.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I wish this hadn't happened. He is a very talented young man and a lot of the expectations for his rivals are not based on too much of anything except wishful thinking. He, oth, had actually played and produced pretty well for a sophomore DL.

Well, good luck, Kelton! I hope you have success wherever you end up.

csmith515

Georgia Tech Fan
Some rooms are or will be just too full (DE, DB, RB, WR).. we are going to lose guys that we don’t want to lose, but having too much young talent will pay dividends in the next couple years. I know I was disappointed when Kirvonte put his name in, but it paved the path for JPM to have an All-ACC year. It’s a problem all of the big schools go through, just gotta hope we start sending more guys to the draft instead of other teams!

GTBillyJosh

Jolly Good Fellow
From what I’ve seen, they want a few big bodies rotating to keep everyone fresh. So his loss definitely hurts that depth. Good luck to Kelton! I will always remember the video of him committing to CPJ with his parents there and just the joy in that room.

Hoping Clayton can step up and have a big year - and hoping that 1 of the 4 DE freshman can blow up (my guess is Jared Ivey, who is one of the better pure pass rushers in the class).

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
From what I’ve seen, they want a few big bodies rotating to keep everyone fresh. So his loss definitely hurts that depth. Good luck to Kelton! I will always remember the video of him committing to CPJ with his parents there and just the joy in that room.

Hoping Clayton can step up and have a big year - and hoping that 1 of the 4 DE freshman can blow up (my guess is Jared Ivey, who is one of the better pure pass rushers in the class).
Ivey is the best pure pass rush prospect on the flats since who Attaochu?