Keion White NCAA+ACC DL of the Week

yeti92

Helluva Engineer

DEFENSIVE LINEMAN – Keion White Georgia Tech, DE, Garner, N.C.
Turned in one of the most dominant performances by an ACC defensive lineman this season in Saturday’s 21-17 upset of No. 13 North Carolina, racking up three sacks, four tackles for loss and seven total tackles • Became the only ACC player and one of just eight FBS players this season with three sacks, four TFL and seven total tackles in a game • Only the fifth ACC player in the last five seasons and the first Georgia Tech player since current Los Angeles Charger Jeremiah Attaochu in 2013 (versus Georgia) to post those numbers • White led a Yellow Jacket defense that had six quarterback sacks and recorded 12 total TFL while holding UNC to season lows for points, total offense and passing yards.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
Guess the TV announcers were wrong as they had mentioned 4 sacks. Still an obviously monster day for the young man. Hope to see him get three more on Saturday.

THWG

Helluva Engineer
Guess the TV announcers were wrong as they had mentioned 4 sacks. Still an obviously monster day for the young man. Hope to see him get three more on Saturday.
Well, he had one where the QB pulled the ball down and they gave him the spot at the line of scrimmage. Probably should have been a sack though.

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
He's amazing when he isn't being held. One of the most shocking things about that game is that it was pretty well officiated--and at UNC. UNC was dumb for not holding, since most ACC crews we have seen this fall don't know what it is.

LongforDodd

LatinxBreakfastTacos
I recall hearing the announcers giving him credit for a fourth sack while a replay going on with Keion being a part of a "group sack". I could be wrong.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
He strikes me as a class individual based on my limited interactions and his pressers. Glad to see his success.

Wish he was healthy last year. Would have been a difference maker in W/L and possibly even more explosive this year.

Big gaps to fill next year with his departure and the LBs.