Kaepernick

He may have the right to do what he is. As a disabled veteran it is extremely disrespectful, demeaning and downright offensive. If he is unhappy in America denounce your citizenship that's making a statement what he is doing is showing his arrogance and ignorance.

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Why is he a thug? Because he did something that you didn't agree with? What did you even know about the guy before last week?

The issues in Philly went beyond Chip Kelly. It sounds like Howie Roseman set him up to fail if you believe some of the reports out of that front office.

Regardless Chip Kelly doesn't have final say in the 49ers' personnel decisions. That would be the GM Trent Baalke. And I think keeping one of the two best quarterbacks on the roster over a project WR who can't stay on the field for more than a week at a time before getting hurt is very much the opposite of stupid.

It's not just exercising his freedom of speech. The man is wearing socks with pigs on them, and to call him the best back up quarterback in the NFL is a bit of a strech when you get beat out by Blaine Gabbert

Eli

Helluva Engineer
you get my vote for the dumbest post of the year!

Why is it dumb? Because there are thousands of Americans who have died to protect his and your freedom. We may have a lot of things wrong with our country right now but it's still the best in the world if you don't want to respect it get out. On a side note you wouldn't feel like it was dumb if you had to go to Afghanistan and leave your family behind making 30k a year while Colin kapernick is making millions of dollars

Last edited:

Eli

Helluva Engineer
Anyone who dosent believe you should stand for the national anthem I challenge you to sign up for the millitary. Leave your loved ones behind and write a letter to your wife and prays that she gets it. I challenge you to spend 1 year in 100 degree weather with 100 plus pounds of equipment strapped to you and not knowing if you will live another day. Some of you guys are so sheltered it's hillarious.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
A minor thing that I also find fascinating is that people have only starting placing their hands over their hearts in the last few years. For over 3/4 of my life this no one ever did this unless they were holding a hat. Otherwise, people simply stood at attention. Placing your hand over your heart is really only required for saying the pledge but some people seem to think you are unpatriotic if you do not do that.
nm comment not needed.

Josh Joseph

Georgia Tech Fan
41996de23d71d64040e664e64cc7590e.jpg

Not sure we all know what this means.....

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
After what John Lewis (one of our greatest living heroes) said about this incident, and after Tech won in Ireland, I am inclined to just love everybody.
:)

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
He is a thug

I understand his views are probabaly not aligning with yours, but to call an individual with no criminal history, gang affiliation, or even a single arrest, a "thug" is unfortunately part of the grander racial issues we are faced with today. It's an unfair and unprofounded characterization of an individual who claims to have strong religious faith and has participated in philanthropic activities, which are things you don't see in "thugs". This is more than about being politically correct. It is statements like this that continue to be perpetuated and have a lasting impact on. Like I mentioned, you are allowed to not agree with his actions, but I implore you to not throw around such a term like that so casually.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Anyone who dosent believe you should stand for the national anthem I challenge you to sign up for the millitary. Leave your loved ones behind and write a letter to your wife and prays that she gets it. I challenge you to spend 1 year in 100 degree weather with 100 plus pounds of equipment strapped to you and not knowing if you will live another day. Some of you guys are so sheltered it's hillarious.

You are correct. I am sure we all on this board are thankful for the selfless sacrifices made by our military day in and day out to keep us safe which allows us to enjoy less trivial things like GeorgiaTech Football. However, I challenge you to look at the other side of this situation, also. I know nothing about you like if you even have kids, but if you do have children, I would like you to think about how you would feel about the recent events with the use of excessive force by pubic officers leading to the death of many individuals nation wide. Think about being a person of color and fearing for your life if you were pulled over by a cop because you are unsure what may set the officer off. Think if you were a parent and heard your child was the subject of excessive force because the officer had preconceived notions based on the color of your skin. Now I'm not saying all officers are like this. I have met many and know many that do a phenomenal job at protecting their community and caring for all members, but there have also been enough events around the nation to be alarmed by the incidence. Growing up, my mom always told me to address an officer with "sir/ma'am," and I would have a good chance of getting out of a ticket. There are individuals of color out there telling their kids the same thing hoping their children are not subject to excessive force, or even worse, murdered. If you don't think there is anything wrong with these prejudicial standards, it may not be those of us that want to see change that are "so sheltered."

Eli

Helluva Engineer
You are correct. I am sure we all on this board are thankful for the selfless sacrifices made by our military day in and day out to keep us safe which allows us to enjoy less trivial things like GeorgiaTech Football. However, I challenge you to look at the other side of this situation, also. I know nothing about you like if you even have kids, but if you do have children, I would like you to think about how you would feel about the recent events with the use of excessive force by pubic officers leading to the death of many individuals nation wide. Think about being a person of color and fearing for your life if you were pulled over by a cop because you are unsure what may set the officer off. Think if you were a parent and heard your child was the subject of excessive force because the officer had preconceived notions based on the color of your skin. Now I'm not saying all officers are like this. I have met many and know many that do a phenomenal job at protecting their community and caring for all members, but there have also been enough events around the nation to be alarmed by the incidence. Growing up, my mom always told me to address an officer with "sir/ma'am," and I would have a good chance of getting out of a ticket. There are individuals of color out there telling their kids the same thing hoping their children are not subject to excessive force, or even worse, murdered. If you don't think there is anything wrong with these prejudicial standards, it may not be those of us that want to see change that are "so sheltered."

I'll leave this here.

http://conservativetribune.com/cop-...tm_content=2016-09-02&utm_campaign=manualpost

Eli

Helluva Engineer

And I do think there are racial problems by blacks and whites. Just think if the white community had a white lives matter protest or had white activist like Jessie Jackson speaking out against black people. There would be absolute chaos.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
And I do think there are racial problems by blacks and whites. Just think if the white community had a white lives matter protest or had white activist like Jessie Jackson speaking out against black people. There would be absolute chaos.
This post makes no sense to me at all. To suggest that blacks and whites are equally prejudiced flies in the face of all research and is a false equivalency according to every thing I have read. Of course, if you do not believe in the topic of sociology then there is no hope of understanding this issue.

For the record here are a few things to keep in mind. Studies have been done using the U.S. Census figures, the FBI uniform Crime Report and the Police killing data from across the country and there is no correlation between the killing of blacks by white police officers and high crime black neighborhoods. In other words, the killings are random and do not fit a pattern of location except that unarmed blacks are 5 times more likely to get shot and killed by police officers as whites. Overall, blacks are 2.5 times more likely to shot and killed than whites, armed or unarmed.

The killing of anyone is tragic and certainly any sensible person would deplore the killing of a police officer but it is important to keep in mind that the number of police officers killed by gun fire is down over 14%. The notion that someone has started a war on the police just does not hold water. But I fully recognize that anecdotal evidence can easily inflame passions. Every time Donald Trump brings out parents who have tragically lost loved ones to violence it plants a seed that immigrants are more dangerous than the general population, something, that again, is not born out statistically, since crime is actually lower in communities with large numbers of immigrants according to uniform service statistics.

If we want to feel outrage maybe this statistic is more pertinent. Preschoolers are almost 4 times as likely to die by gun shot as police officers in the line of duty.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
This post makes no sense to me at all. To suggest that blacks and whites are equally prejudiced flies in the face of all research and is a false equivalency according to every thing I have read. Of course, if you do not believe in the topic of sociology then there is no hope of understanding this issue.

For the record here are a few things to keep in mind. Studies have been done using the U.S. Census figures, the FBI uniform Crime Report and the Police killing data from across the country and there is no correlation between the killing of blacks by white police officers and high crime black neighborhoods. In other words, the killings are random and do not fit a pattern of location except that unarmed blacks are 5 times more likely to get shot and killed by police officers as whites. Overall, blacks are 2.5 times more likely to shot and killed than whites, armed or unarmed.

The killing of anyone is tragic and certainly any sensible person would deplore the killing of a police officer but it is important to keep in mind that the number of police officers killed by gun fire is down over 14%. The notion that someone has started a war on the police just does not hold water. But I fully recognize that anecdotal evidence can easily inflame passions. Every time Donald Trump brings out parents who have tragically lost loved ones to violence it plants a seed that immigrants are more dangerous than the general population, something, that again, is not born out statistically, since crime is actually lower in communities with large numbers of immigrants according to uniform service statistics.

If we want to feel outrage maybe this statistic is more pertinent. Preschoolers are almost 4 times as likely to die by gun shot as police officers in the line of duty.

Do you have a link for your study?

Here's a link showing evidence Soros spent 33 mil to fan the racist cop narrative:
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/14/george-soros-funds-ferguson-protests-hopes-to-spur/

Eli

Helluva Engineer

nm

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
Do you have a link for your study?

Here's a link showing evidence Soros spent 33 mil to fan the racist cop narrative:
http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2015/jan/14/george-soros-funds-ferguson-protests-hopes-to-spur/
I think the last one I saw was Washington Post. I will look for it.

But these statistics have been pretty consistent since I first saw them in a church newsletter 3 years ago. Lots of different studies I have seen have confirmed that over this time.