Justin Thomas invited to Senior Bowl

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He was a 5-Star DB coming out of HS. I would think he can probably play DB.

I'd bet he's been working with some private coaches as a DB since the bowl game since that's where he is taking his NFL shot (and I bet that position choice was likely guided by the NFL draft advisory committee).

Jacket4Life9

Jolly Good Fellow
It is so tough for a college QB to switch over to defense. How many times have we seen a college QB have a "successful" career in the NFL? I'm not doubting JT--I love the kid and in no way am I saying he can't do it. However, as some of you previously posted, I believe his chances as a receiver would be much greater. Similar to Julian Edelman, Josh Cribbs, Randel-El, etc. I hope a team picks him up and gives him a shot because he is such a naturally gifted player with great feet, speed, work ethic, and toughness.

bigsands

Jolly Good Fellow
I think we may be disappointed with his 40.

During JT's days as a backup, I always liked the videos when he and Snoddy raced at practice. If he can heal up after three years as the start in the TO, he might be OK in the 40. Snoddy always won the races, but JT must have been considered a worthy competitor at the time.

deeeznutz

Helluva Engineer
He seemed a lot faster to me when he was a Frosh and a Sophomore.

2014 he was absolutely blazing, especially in the OB after he got a little time to recover. I think he's always been more lightning quick than just purely fast, though, partly due to his short stature and stride. I'd bet his 40 time would be greatly improved if he worked with a track coach, and his motion would look very different than what you see on the field. That short stride gives him excellent short space quickness though, which makes him very dangerous with the ball in his hands (and I bet it'd help him stay with a receiver trying to beat his coverage).

prifle2

Jolly Good Fellow
The auburn qb Nick Marshall went into the NFL as a DB and was on the active roster for at least a part of this year. I'm sure I saw him in a game.