Justin Thomas Career Highlights

GTFLETCH

Banned
Kinda tacky with the Vad Lee intro don’t ya think.
I agree... It also highlights what was wrong with CPJ... He let Justin Thomas sit for one year, even though Vad Lee could not beat out Tevin in 2012.... Can you imagine what kind of season Tech could have had in 2013... All the SA were disappointed that JT5 rode the bench in 2013.....

Same could be said in 2018 when Tobias was riding the pine for TQM....

CPJ inability to play game changers in 2013 and 2018 really added, to the already head scratching loyalty fans could not understand towards Coach Sewak but (not to several DC).... I sure hope Coach Collins isn't as loyal to OC CDP if he can not start winning some games on the offensive side of the ball..

Back On Topic....

JT5, SMOOVE was fun to watch...

Last edited by a moderator:

Jacketman

Jolly Good Fellow
Kinda tacky with the Vad Lee intro don’t ya think.
Appreciate the comment! I loved Vad and wasn't trying to detract from him, I think most GT fans generally underrate him and I loved him while he was at Tech. It wasn't a shot at Vad, it was more of a set up to highlight the vindication of beating the dwags 2 out of the next 3 years.

Last edited:

John

Peacekeeper
Staff member
Thanks for sharing. Definitely remember most of those moments. Offense was a thing of beauty (when it was working). You can see on some of his keepers the defender taking the a-back has no idea JeT is just passing by him with the ball.

Also a friendly reminder that personal attacks on our student athletes (yes even former) are not allowed. You can actually be critical without resorting to name calling.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
1. PJ valued experience. He loathed playing true freshmen, as an example, though he did it more late (re: Juanyeh, Charlie and Dedrick Mills). In fact, his second year at Southern, he was going to start a senior, a good kid and a decent player, over the redshirt freshman who went on to become the leading rusher in Division I history (FBS or FCS). The senior got a "knee injury" right before the first game, so Adrian got the start. And the rest is history.
2. Watch the Sun Bowl against Lane Kiffin and the University of Spoiled Children and see the incredible ability Vad Lee brought to the table. We really never got a chance to tap into his potential because he bolted so early.
3. Scott Howard can go (take your choice of expletive here).
4. The 2015 team was so banged up from early on. And I think PJ probably should have played Marshall more over Skov at BB, though Marshall hadn't mastered ball security. That home run threat at BB might have made a difference in a couple of games, I think.
5. Scott Howard can go (take your choice of expletive here).

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
You guys need to remember Smoov was small coming in as a freshman and thus redshirted and in 2013 he was knocked out of them miami game with a concussion after one sack. CPJ did not play him because he wasn't ready for the grind that year he needed another year to get there. In 2018 we definitely should have flipped to oliver.

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
The one thing I noticed in the video is that we were almost always behind on those games....sheesh, if we only had a defense!

4shotB

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
The one thing I noticed in the video is that we were almost always behind on those games....sheesh, if we only had a defense!

We said the same about Joe Ham and his teams. Then we got a D....but our offense disappeared. So we reverted back to all O/no D??!!! The last 2 decades have been vexing to say the least. I want to see at minimum competency on O/D/ST at the same time! Is that asking too much? Sheeesh.

ilovetheoption

Helluva Engineer
amonster.jpg

Jacketman99

Ramblin' Wreck
One thing I loved about Thomas is that he had the clutch gene. Some athletes just know how to raise their games when everything is on the line and the pressure is greatest. Justin was one of those players. He was able to make the crucial plays with his arm and legs.