Justin Thomas 2013 highlights

Squints

Helluva Engineer
Well, Jaybo was/is bigger than JT, and we all saw what happened there. Again, like it's been mentioned many times, if JT can learn to minimize contact and avoid unneccessary hits, then his size won't be a problem. If he doesn't, our backups will be getting a lot of snaps.

Well I never saw Jaybo play so I can't make a comparison in my head there. What I'm saying is that we get it. He's probably a little smaller than you'd like. No need to bring it up in every single thread about the guy.

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Paul Johnson's not worried about his size, so why should we?

LOL.

CPJ hasn't developed an great QBs here. I absolutely loved JN because he was a warrior. If JN were to be perfect for a sport, it would be rugby. But he played football for us and is probably related to Gotsis in some way. (tic)

I brought up Jaybo, because he was another one that couldn't get it done for us. I watched JT play last year at all of our games, he had better not get a lot of contact or Byerly will be the starter by necessity if he doesn't win it outright.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Well I never saw Jaybo play so I can't make a comparison in my head there. What I'm saying is that we get it. He's probably a little smaller than you'd like. No need to bring it up in every single thread about the guy.

If it's relevant to the discussion, I'm gonna say something. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore it.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
If it's relevant to the discussion, I'm gonna say something. If you don't like it, feel free to ignore it.

Don't worry I've already started to. It just be nice if the conversation about the kid moved past his size whenever he's mentioned. And I wasn't talking about you in particular.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
I think that last play at 2:14 is what gets me excited the most about JT. He seems to hit the hole a lot quicker than ive seen in the last few years.

jayparr

Helluva Engineer
I think that last play at 2:14 is what gets me excited the most about JT. He seems to hit the hole a lot quicker than ive seen in the last few years.
NOW YOU SEE EM- NOW YOU DON'T!! GET READY FOR TALL BUILDINGS IN A SINGLE BOUND!!! THAT'S RIGHT YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET!

Techster

Helluva Engineer
That's becuause lil Joe didnt have to run any option to get killed in.....oh wait....he did run some triple for the Fridge didnt he? :D

I think with Joe, we have the benefit of hindsight...we know now that he held up well, and was tough as nails (his games against FSU and Clemson were ridiculous in terms of how much of a beating he took and how he was still VERY productive). JT is still unknown in that regard, but we will find out in the next few years.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
I think with Joe, we have the benefit of hindsight...we know now that he held up well, and was tough as nails (his games against FSU and Clemson were ridiculous in terms of how much of a beating he took and how he was still VERY productive). JT is still unknown in that regard, but we will find out in the next few years.
The whole argument isn't about toughness, it's about size. JT and Lil' Joe are almost identical in size. What they share in common that matters more is that innate ability to avoid direct shots. Tevin had it, too. Vad did not, neither did Josh nor Jaybo.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
The whole argument isn't about toughness, it's about size. JT and Lil' Joe are almost identical in size. What they share in common that matters more is that innate ability to avoid direct shots. Tevin had it, too. Vad did not, neither did Josh nor Jaybo.

Well I'm making it about toughness...since if you're the size of Joe Ham and JT, you better bring toughness to the equation..especially in the offense CPJ runs. If you don't want to talk about toughness, you don't have to participate in the discussion.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Toughness is taking a blind side knock out sack and getting up for the next play.

JT did this, although with an interception I think. JT is tough, but not invencible. He had a hammy issue, if I recall right, most of last year.

I have heard it said the JT does not know when to go down and they had to teach this to him.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer
Well I'm making it about toughness...since if you're the size of Joe Ham and JT, you better bring toughness to the equation..especially in the offense CPJ runs. If you don't want to talk about toughness, you don't have to participate in the discussion.
So you're saying JT's not tough? How do you know this? He's looked plenty tough enough so far to me.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Whats the difference in being 5'10 180(too small) and being 6'2 190(good size) taller guys seem to take bigger hits because of their stride being longer. I dont think he's no smaller from a body mass stand point than a lot of other teams qbs

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
I truly think this is another solid comparison to JT. Jerick McKinnon just finished playing QB at GASouthern. NFL combine stats 5'9 209 lbs, (I understand he's heavier than JT), 40 yrd is 4.41. To me this is the perfect comparison to JTs size(minus the lbs) and speed. Check out this guy running the offense for them. Absolutely deadly weapon. Look him up

GT Tennessee

Jolly Good Fellow
Watch the 2012 FCS semi finales GASouthern vs. North Dakota State. Pick the 25min video and watch this kid play QB. JT and him are very similar