Justin Moore

Jacket Forever

Jolly Good Fellow
Wondering if he’s still in school? Hopefully he is. A few weeks back, before final exams, there was a blurb about him not making a road game because he needed to study in order to ‘make grades’. He’s also been in California on ‘family business’ for an awfully long time. Was still there on Dec 30. Hopefully everything is ok with him family-wise and academically...but we also need him as back-up PG.

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
Wondering if he’s still in school? Hopefully he is. A few weeks back, before final exams, there was a blurb about him not making a road game because he needed to study in order to ‘make grades’. He’s also been in California on ‘family business’ for an awfully long time. Was still there on Dec 30. Hopefully everything is ok with him family-wise and academically...but we also need him as back-up PG.

I was concerned about his grades but he played a game after finals (as pointed out to me by another font) so I guess he’s good there. The reason he was home was for a funeral someone said.

Not sure what this is all about

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Meh. He’s a low mid major of and player at best. I think Alston brings more to the floor playing out if position at PG than Moore does. And he’s a “PG”. Moore would be a walk on at best at any other ACC program.

BigDaddyBuzz

Helluva Engineer
Meh. He’s a low mid major of and player at best. I think Alston brings more to the floor playing out if position at PG than Moore does. And he’s a “PG”. Moore would be a walk on at best at any other ACC program.
Agree. But what about all the recruiting hype of LaBarrie? Moore was his hand picked guy.

RamblinRed

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
FWIW I thought CJP had been recruiting Moore at Memphis before the switch ?
No he was a DLab guy. DLab recruited him while he was an asst at Ga St. Moore eventually signed with Tulane. When Tulane fired their coach Moore was released and GT grabbed him to help fill out the roster.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Agree. But what about all the recruiting hype of LaBarrie? Moore was his hand picked guy.

Let's be fair, we got Moore because of a coaching change at Tulane. Given when CJP got hired and began recruiting, there were not many quality players available.

Moore was there when we needed him last season. Unfortunately his game has not progressed as most of us hoped it would.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
At the time we needed players. LaBarrie also landed Devoe
This. I think we all have an expectation of how the DLaB saga will end at this point, unfortunately, but let's not embellish a miss to exaggerate a narrative. The change some people are calling for, whether it's Cabral Huff or otherwise, will happen in due course, if it's going to happen.

You might be thinking of Charlie Moore.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer

Different Moore. That was Charlie Moore that had committed to memphis. He switched to Cal once Pastner left and has since transferred to Kansas I believe.