justin moore

yjfan

Jolly Good Fellow
Can he develop into our defensive stopper at guard like haywood?
just with better driving ability?

Peacone36

Helluva Engineer
He has the length to be a problem for opposing PGs in both man and zone situations. The thing JMo needs to work on is focus. He seems to check in and out of the game mentally. That could just be attributed to him being a frosh playing in the ACC, but he will do something incredible and you think he's coming of age and then he will immediately throw it out of bounds.

If he can keep his head in the game and give us some production on offense I think his defense will come. I hope it does because at this point I don't think Jax will ever be an elite defender I thought he would be. Which I'm ok with because he made huge strides offensively this year. In watching Justin and following him on Twitter I think he is a really good kid and will do anything for this program to get the Ws. He showed improvement from the line late in the season and that was a concern early in the year so hopefully that signifies a commitment on his part to improving.

bos

Helluva Engineer
The defense is where he will be counted on for this team. He has a lot of potential to be good there.

I had the pleasure of seeing Justin Moore often and playing pick up basketball with him this year. He's a great kid, but I agree that focus is important for him, both on and off the court. He's got great length, just needs to add more muscle to his frame which will help him finish around the rim. His shot obviously needs work, but he'll never be looked at to score.

dtm1997

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Hope that was basketball work and not the kind of work I put in late at night back in the day. Oh, how I miss the Buckhead of old (Lulu's, Tongue & Groove, $3, Racoon Lodge, Pat Hurley's....)

I wasn't the one drinking, but man I watched some drunk disasters unfold at Lulu's & Pat Hurley's back when. Also at Chili Pepper & Plush.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
He has the length to be a problem for opposing PGs in both man and zone situations. The thing JMo needs to work on is focus. He seems to check in and out of the game mentally. That could just be attributed to him being a frosh playing in the ACC, but he will do something incredible and you think he's coming of age and then he will immediately throw it out of bounds.

If he can keep his head in the game and give us some production on offense I think his defense will come. I hope it does because at this point I don't think Jax will ever be an elite defender I thought he would be. Which I'm ok with because he made huge strides offensively this year. In watching Justin and following him on Twitter I think he is a really good kid and will do anything for this program to get the Ws. He showed improvement from the line late in the season and that was a concern early in the year so hopefully that signifies a commitment on his part to improving.

imo that seemed to be the same problem q had. lack of focus and poor decisions.

gtpi

Helluva Engineer
Hope that was basketball work and not the kind of work I put in late at night back in the day. Oh, how I miss the Buckhead of old (Lulu's, Tongue & Groove, $3, Racoon Lodge, Pat Hurley's....)

i used to live above second hand roses if you remember that place. me and an ae guy who lived across the hall. only place/time ive ever had a man pinch my a$$ heh