Justin Bryan

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
Eric or anyone else: what do we know about Justin Bryan as a football player? Obviously we think his little bro is a beast, and obviously he has great size for various positions, but what kind of HS player was he, and what are the chances of him making a real contribution somewhere on the football field for us next year? Thanks

(Editing post now after reading more in his brother's thread in the recruiting forum. Seems the BB rumor is true... Whoa. Still, any info is appreciated. Pumped to have an addition regardless!)

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
You know as much as I do about him as a football player.

Obviously he has some good tools to work with along with being a great athlete.

As far as him contributing this year all that will be settled in camp.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Did not play High School football . Justin and Will Homeschooled until Justin's Sr year . Then we moved to Franklin County . He was already committed to UGA when we moved . Our Homeschool baseball program was very good , 6 teamates playing college ball ,1 playing pro . Throughout his baseball career , everyone always said he should have played football . He always wanted to , but with the education choice and Georgia not allowing homeschooled students to play , he was not able to . I believe he can contribute somewhere , he has a unique skill set for his size . Usually baseball players his size are on first base , not flying around the outfield running into walls . If he ends up flying down the field covering kicks , plaing BB , used as a blocker on the edge , or ends up as a rush end or WR , time will tell . One thing for sure , he is excited to be at GT and he comes from a football family . My Grandfather was a captain at Vandy , my father played for Paul Bryant at Kentucky , before transferring and being the captain at ETSU , Dad also coached for 31 years. My Mom is in the Georgia Athletic Directors Hall of Fame . I did not play college ball until my JR year , walking on at UGA , earning a scholly . Justin is 10 times the athlete I ever was . He is walking on , a good student ( SEC Honor Roll both years at UGA ) and VERY excited and grateful for the chance to pursue a dream .

jwsavhGT

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
Did not play High School football . Justin and Will Homeschooled until Justin's Sr year . Then we moved to Franklin County . He was already committed to UGA when we moved . Our Homeschool baseball program was very good , 6 teamates playing college ball ,1 playing pro . Throughout his baseball career , everyone always said he should have played football . He always wanted to , but with the education choice and Georgia not allowing homeschooled students to play , he was not able to . I believe he can contribute somewhere , he has a unique skill set for his size . Usually baseball players his size are on first base , not flying around the outfield running into walls . If he ends up flying down the field covering kicks , plaing BB , used as a blocker on the edge , or ends up as a rush end or WR , time will tell . One thing for sure , he is excited to be at GT and he comes from a football family . My Grandfather was a captain at Vandy , my father played for Paul Bryant at Kentucky , before transferring and being the captain at ETSU , Dad also coached for 31 years. My Mom is in the Georgia Athletic Directors Hall of Fame . I did not play college ball until my JR year , walking on at UGA , earning a scholly . Justin is 10 times the athlete I ever was . He is walking on , a good student ( SEC Honor Roll both years at UGA ) and VERY excited and grateful for the chance to pursue a dream .
Welcome to the GT family. Go Jackets!
(THWG will come later:))

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
I commented in his brother's thread, but I'll synopsize here. 6'5", 250# centerfielder will make a tremendous receiver. He can do this coming out of the backfield as a BB, AB, in the slot, or stretched out wide. Hell, he could be a dynamic TE (if we were to utilize one).

The skills he has honed in centerfield will serve him quite well. The two biggest assets being hand-eye coordination and the ability to track the ball in the air (and adjust). Additionally, he runs on his toes, which keeps the ball "still" in the air as he's following it. DeAndre also has these skills.

pinglett

Ramblin' Wreck
6.7 60m is serious speed, and he obviously has some get up and go if he is playing LF. If he hasn't played high-level contact football, it may be a lot to ask for him to jump in at DE. Pass rush situations ok, but he has to have some major nasty to play DL. It's much more intuitive for him to catch/carry a ball and avoid contact, so I like the idea of him being what we were speculating about for Klock, either a TE or a wrecking ball BB. And don't we have a new TE coach? So maybe CPJ is up to something....

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
Econ is an underrated program for us. I didn't know we offered it as a major, but everyone I know that took it as a minor is doing pretty well for themselves. I wish I'd kept with it.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
Let us know what he thinks of his class load/rigor/time dedicated to study at GT vs Econ at Ugag.
Class size is much smaller at GT. Better student to professed ratio. The GT campus is smaller and it's much easier to get to different classes. So far he likes his 2 classes , UGA was a freak show , one teacher he had is a transvestite most were extreme libs .