Just thought I would leave this here...

ASURAMS07

Jolly Good Fellow
BxLwahXCEAEzmVp.jpg

If I am one of the players this would get me going for the game this week.

MidtownJacket

Staff member
haha ummm ok so the flyer is kinda cool, I can appreciate the walking dead deal.. Though we will see who feels like zombies when they see the 3O Running away with the game.

The hype video is solid. I (trying to be objective here) thought the start of it was relatively well done. Though I do look forward to drinking my whiskey clear while celebrating a win over them and listening to the best dam* fight song in the world on repeat.

The last video is a head scratcher.. it is like a mix between Dabo Clueless and that clemson fan who kept crying and hitting his hat on his leg after we beat them..

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
The last video is a head scratcher.. it is like a mix between Dabo Clueless and that clemson fan who kept crying and hitting his hat on his leg after we beat them..
rumor has it fritz partook of a team "right of passage" of some sort and the players went bananas over this. turned an already jazzed locker room into that frenzy that was taped.

the players LOVE this guy. and, he loves the fact he's moved from SHSU to a team stacked with players that fit his system in ways he didn't have at his previous school. so many more weapons and speed.

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
Lots of speculation on how many fans GS will bring to Bobby Dodd. They did sell out their allotment from GT and asked for more. Many GS fans are buying tickets from other places. The real number of GS fans should be between 8,000 and 10,000, but it could be a few more with a late minute rush. Lots of GS alumni in Atlanta, and for many, this will be an easy opportunity to see the Eagles play.

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
It was the guy's first victory as GS head coach and the team's first win as an FBS school. They do deserve to be excited about it. Stonewall is right in saying that the players love playing for Fritz and his coaching staff. He has made believers out of them and will come to Atlanta expecting to win.

Stonewall

Jolly Good Fellow
Lots of speculation on how many fans GS will bring to Bobby Dodd. They did sell out their allotment from GT and asked for more. Many GS fans are buying tickets from other places. The real number of GS fans should be between 8,000 and 10,000, but it could be a few more with a late minute rush. Lots of GS alumni in Atlanta, and for many, this will be an easy opportunity to see the Eagles play.
i've gotta buddy coming with me who hasn't been back to GS for a game since he graduated. definitely hearing of a number of alum who never make it down south and haven't been too involved in eagle football since their college days that plan to make the game. no reason for them not to being a "home" game for them travel-wise

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
And this...

This guy and the way he is "all in"and communicates with his team reminds me of Art Bryles.
(Bryles came in to the Baylor program that was on its last legs - no B12 victories in years. He had a pep rally with incoming freshman only - said the old Baylor tradition is gone - you are the new baylor tradition - paint up act crazy and you can lead the team on to the field. Week before last at opening day - 8000 freshman ran on to the field to make a 10 deep column for team to run on to field.)
Guys like this either do great or flame out. He was effective and well liked at SAM HOUSTON STATE and they hated to see him go.

I vote we dump a big bucket of whoop *** on him at BDS!

str8shooter

Georgia Tech Fan
Good analogy. Difference being that Fritz didn't inherit a train wreck like Bryles did. He showed up at GS to find much better talent on both sides of the ball than he ever expected. By the way, Fritz and GS president Brooks Keel did the same with freshmen and newcomers to GS when around 7,000 showed up at Paulson Stadium for the Day One annual event where they are introduced to what it means to be an Eagle. Almost 9,000 students made it to the SSU game last weekend, so they're on board with the new coach. Keel will be one of the best presidents the university has ever had. He came from LSU and totally gets the value of quality athletic programs to help showcase the university nationwide. Granted, he pushes hard to elevate the academic programs at GS, and has done a great job in making degree programs much better, but he fully understands that more people will hear about GS through athletics than academics. Bottom line is getting the public's attention. Good things come once you do. Whether you like it or not, people can tell you more about a university's football program than they can discuss SATs and GPAs.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Good analogy. Difference being that Fritz didn't inherit a train wreck like Bryles did. He showed up at GS to find much better talent on both sides of the ball than he ever expected. By the way, Fritz and GS president Brooks Keel did the same with freshmen and newcomers to GS when around 7,000 showed up at Paulson Stadium for the Day One annual event where they are introduced to what it means to be an Eagle. Almost 9,000 students made it to the SSU game last weekend, so they're on board with the new coach. Keel will be one of the best presidents the university has ever had. He came from LSU and totally gets the value of quality athletic programs to help showcase the university nationwide. Granted, he pushes hard to elevate the academic programs at GS, and has done a great job in making degree programs much better, but he fully understands that more people will hear about GS through athletics than academics. Bottom line is getting the public's attention. Good things come once you do. Whether you like it or not, people can tell you more about a university's football program than they can discuss SATs and GPAs.
Very good point about the president of the university. Baylor had guy named Sloan in the pitiful days. Met him at a function held on Baylor baseball field ( the football stadium is a dump in a rundown area of WACO.) which is right on the beautiful bravos river. I asked him if he knew how bad it is for there to be no stadium for football right on campus. Told him I loved heading out the dorms To BDS for the games and he should do a siting study for a stadium across the river . He looked at me with that blank look. He left Baylor for other reasons and went to a smaller school - Houston baptist university. First thing he did was start a football program! The new pres at Baylor - ken Starr is doing a good job and working with brilles - the NEW University PRESIDENT Is Working With Athletic Director to help them be winners.
Entire university staff are strongly "encouraged" to support the football team. Wonder how president would stack up?

GTNavyNuke

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
How quaint. The other team wants to win too. (tic) Not much changes from week to week and the extra emotion usually only lasts a series or two.

I liked the videos BTW. Looks like the Eagles were having fun which is what football is all about.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
rumor has it fritz partook of a team "right of passage" of some sort and the players went bananas over this. turned an already jazzed locker room into that frenzy that was taped.

the players LOVE this guy. and, he loves the fact he's moved from SHSU to a team stacked with players that fit his system in ways he didn't have at his previous school. so many more weapons and speed.
SHSU is up the road from me about 30 miles and Fritz is a good coach. He is more a concern than his players. GT can't run away playing sloppy as we did last week at NOLA but we have lots of horses also and team that will get it together Saturday. They have a goal and it is not to lose, especially to GSU.

GTech63

Helluva Engineer
Very good point about the president of the university. Baylor had guy named Sloan in the pitiful days. Met him at a function held on Baylor baseball field ( the football stadium is a dump in a rundown area of WACO.) which is right on the beautiful bravos river. I asked him if he knew how bad it is for there to be no stadium for football right on campus. Told him I loved heading out the dorms To BDS for the games and he should do a siting study for a stadium across the river . He looked at me with that blank look. He left Baylor for other reasons and went to a smaller school - Houston baptist university. First thing he did was start a football program! The new pres at Baylor - ken Starr is doing a good job and working with brilles - the NEW University PRESIDENT Is Working With Athletic Director to help them be winners.
Entire university staff are strongly "encouraged" to support the football team. Wonder how president would stack up?
Have you seen pictures of new stadium on the Brazos and opening day? Really beautiful.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
Have you seen pictures of new stadium on the Brazos and opening day? Really beautiful.
Good to know your in area - I am in h town.
Was at game. Stadium very nice but not gaudy. Has great jumbo video, cozy feel 45k seats approx. Easy access to seats which all have sight lines. Gray hairs in shade, recent alums in sun, regular admission type upper deck, but best is the 20 rows of all freshman ( ALL in school colors standing and screening ) from end zone to end zone that are right behind the opponents bench. At top of stadium is a canopy like structure like the roman colosseum. The grounds around the stadium are also really nice - well landscaped, three giant tailgate areas ( friendly but weak at tail gating) , river access for local party boats, walking bridge from crosses from beautiful campus. Easy access off freeway.