Just curious

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
Haven't heard any reports on Justin Bryan so far. I know there gonna be a big learning curve but his size and athleticism is so intriguing just wondering if anyone has heard how he is doing so far. Excited to have him and Will both coming to Tech.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
We haven't had any open practices yet so most of the info we are getting is straight from what the Coaches have been telling the media.

From what I have heard Justin is at LB.

@flea77 would know more of course.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
Haven't heard any reports on Justin Bryan so far. I know there gonna be a big learning curve but his size and athleticism is so intriguing just wondering if anyone has heard how he is doing so far. Excited to have him and Will both coming to Tech.

I have the same curiosity and have asked the same question. I talked to him at Fan Day (after 2 or 3 non pad practices). He was 100% healthy and enthusiastic and eager. He is now listed at LB (6' 5" and 230#). I count at least a dozen LBs ahead of him at this point in time so a reasonable expectation is he will make an enthusiastic contribution to the scout team's efforts in practice as he learns. I guess a better read on his progress will come later in the season when he has had a chance to master some collision fundamentals. I certainly hope he finds the effort successful or at least fulfilling. I am certainly rooting for him and anxious to hear any progress report.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
He is having a blast . It might take a while for him to see the field , but he has figured out that he can play at this level . From day one first time in his life wearing a helmet to now , he is making plays and loving it . He is all GT and will do anything to help the team . He told me Football is alot more fun than baseball . He is up to 240 lbs . Time will tell , but he is enjoying the process and loves his teammates . High character guys !

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
He is having a blast . It might take a while for him to see the field , but he has figured out that he can play at this level . From day one first time in his life wearing a helmet to now , he is making plays and loving it . He is all GT and will do anything to help the team . He told me Football is alot more fun than baseball . He is up to 240 lbs . Time will tell , but he is enjoying the process and loves his teammates . High character guys !

Thanks for the input. The really important thing is that he is enjoyong the game and the challenge. I admire and appreciate what he is about. When I first started playing I sat on the bench and loved every minute and the same when later I got to play. A lot of us are rooting for Justin, and Will.

flea77

Ramblin' Wreck
not sure , he has 2 years of eligibility , but since he fractured a vert in his back last year during fall ( baseball ) he might qualify for a additional year . It would be up to the NCAA to grant it .