Junkanoo Jam in the Bahamas

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
It's an equalizer having two tall ladies on the inside, since we won’t be running like we will next year. The Hall tried to speed us up, and it didn’t really work. Nell said they have a good team and she was glad to win the rebounding battle(It was like 44-32, if I heard Richard correctly). Four players in double figures with Pan getting 14 in the second half. She’s getting better shots within the offense this year. Shot over 49% for the game, 63% in the 2nd half as a team. Hermosa is a key inside. Hearing Scott will try to come back next year, to join the fabulous four freshman. Fletcher can run too!

Rutgers will be our toughest opponent to date.

Buzzbomb

Mello Yellow-Jacket
Really like the double low post sets on this team. Can’t coach height as they say. Cubaj(great low block post moves)and Hermosa(cleaning up the garbage, positioning on defense)remind me of what Landers liked to do with his bigs-bang you into submission if you tried to feed the post and rebound like crazy on both ends of the court with size and strength. Creating turnovers, with all the long arms.

Thinking back to the early days of GTWBB, I can’t recollect a team that actually used two pivots at the same time. Sasha Goodlett at the 5 with a slash at the 4, was as close as I recall us having to setting up both blocks on a single-play set. It’s emphasized this year because we have to play more half-court. We have a transition game, just not the athletes for running uptempo. More like what the defense can create, otherwise setting it up. Nell is taking advantage of her talent on hand. Fletcher will be joined by four youngsters next year that are fast and rangy athletically(the ones Hewitt liked to recruit at the 2 and 3, sometimes WF playing PF).