July 4th Q&A

IronJacket7

Helluva Engineer
I noticed that when I went to the spring game that we were running the pistol full house formation. In your opinion, do you anticipate more of these "new" formations or wrinkles from our offense this year? I personally expect the flexbone 70 to 80 percent of the time. However, I did not know if you had any insider information as to how much we will branch out with the offense this year.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I noticed that when I went to the spring game that we were running the pistol full house formation. In your opinion, do you anticipate more of these "new" formations or wrinkles from our offense this year? I personally expect the flexbone 70 to 80 percent of the time. However, I did not know if you had any insider information as to how much we will branch out with the offense this year.

As far as how much we will use stuff is known only by Coach Johnson.

I do expect to see more formations and wrinkles that we have not seen before...Vad has been practicing the Pistol since his redshirt year here. Also with Bryan Cook coming in we will see some of his flavor added to the offense with some new formations and maybe even hurry up.

CPJ has always wanted to do more things but you have to fit the offense for the skill set you have running it.

Bule

Jolly Good Fellow
In the LB discussion you mention Harrell, Hankins and Allen as the good younguns coming up. Any others? What about T-Star, how does he look? Will he stay at LB or move to DE?

Who looks like good young DEs of the future?

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
In the LB discussion you mention Harrell, Hankins and Allen as the good younguns coming up. Any others? What about T-Star, how does he look? Will he stay at LB or move to DE?

Who looks like good young DEs of the future?

Stargel moved to DE in the Spring...he was second string with Dieke out.

Stargel is the best young DE at this time..he looks good. Robbins could start at DE too.

Chungong has potential.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
I
Do you see Francis Kallon getting any meaningful play time this year, and if so will it be at DT or DE?

I do not see him getting meaningful playing time this year...too much depth ahead of him.

He is at DT though.

OldJacketFan

Helluva Engineer
Eric,

As we all know the success of the team rides on the play of the d and o lines as much as anything. I feel the starting 5 on the O line are going to be very good this year but I'm curious about the 2nd stringers and who you feel will push for playing time. With 3 senior starters it's key that there are players behind them that can be ready for the 2014 season.

On the d side, Gotsis is primed to have a very good season along with along with Sneezy. Again there are 3 seniors there and who's going to push and be the ones to place their stamp going forward?

Thanks for all you and John for us fans! Have a wonderful 4th!

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Eric,

As we all know the success of the team rides on the play of the d and o lines as much as anything. I feel the starting 5 on the O line are going to be very good this year but I'm curious about the 2nd stringers and who you feel will push for playing time. With 3 senior starters it's key that there are players behind them that can be ready for the 2014 season.

On the d side, Gotsis is primed to have a very good season along with along with Sneezy. Again there are 3 seniors there and who's going to push and be the ones to place their stamp going forward?

Thanks for all you and John for us fans! Have a wonderful 4th!

Chamberlain is one of the top backups and is pushing the guys hard...he will be a starter in the 2014 season.

Burden showed a lot at center before he got hurt.

Sewak has praised Roberts.

At DL I look for Gotsis and Cummings to start at DT and the Attaochu and Dieke at DE. Gotsis and Attaochu will be the best two in my mind.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Lewis is taking his time with the process and wanting to visit other schools this Summer...GT is still in the lead. We won't wait forever on him though.

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Good question...I love questions like this.

Step Durham, KeShun Freeman, Tyler Merriweather, Miles Taylor and Matthew Jordan. In no order.

Hard for me to leave Tre Jackson out.

GTonTop88

Helluva Engineer
Who do you think is most likely to takeover the Aback positions and get the majority of the carries? Do you think Custis redshirts?