Votes: 46 40.0%

Votes: 28 24.3%

Votes: 6 5.2%
  • 4+

Votes: 4 3.5%

• Total voters

katlong

Jolly Good Fellow
I was so excited for Juanyeh to run that KO back, only to have it called back for the holding penalty. It looked in real time that he might have gotten ahead of the blockers one other time or he might have broken free.

When given the opportunity to return KOs this season, Juanyeh seems to bounce off of or take the first guy with him. I'm super excited about the possibility of him running one back for real. Any wagers as to if he'll get one or more this season?

MWBATL

Helluva Engineer
Too hard to do with the new rules......

...and we don’t get to play against the GT kickoff team......so, none

(Unless you count practice.....then double digits....)

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
He got side swiped on one against Clemson. Imo while he is way better than an anyone we have had in a while, the speed of the other teams special teams is too much for our special teams.

Technut1990

Ramblin' Wreck
Still young, he needs to stay with his blockers. Even on the return he made, he cut outside his blockers. I think he was suppose to follow them center left on the return not left outside.

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
I was so excited for Juanyeh to run that KO back, only to have it called back for the holding penalty. It looked in real time that he might have gotten ahead of the blockers one other time or he might have broken free.

When given the opportunity to return KOs this season, Juanyeh seems to bounce off of or take the first guy with him. I'm super excited about the possibility of him running one back for real. Any wagers as to if he'll get one or more this season?

I just wish he would stop running to the back of the end zone to catch them. Any time he knows that he is not returning it, he should just run off the field and let it go.

Jacketman1

Ramblin' Wreck
I would say maybe 1. Gut is telling me 0. He doesn't look that fast, but his strides look huge. Strange, but effective since he's a pretty good returner.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
I like the scheme we employed Saturday. That was the best scheme I've seen since they banned the wedge. The wedge was what made Orwin a darn good returner for a while. We had sort of a horizontal wedge going, looked interesting and effective. Very different than the man to man stuff we've been doing for several years now.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
I would say maybe 1. Gut is telling me 0. He doesn't look that fast, but his strides look huge. Strange, but effective since he's a pretty good returner.

I respeckfully disagree here. Well, I guess I disagree on the degree to which this matters.

He's plenty fast enough and shows shiftiness which IMHO is more impactful than straightline speed.

There's been plenty of burners that weren't great return guys.

MarineJacket

Georgia Tech Fan
Anybody got a video of the actual return? I'm in the Middle East and the wifi is extremely poor here, so I missed it. I got to see some of the game, but would like to just see how the return developed...please post if anyone has it. Thanks in advance!!

plangineer

Jolly Good Fellow
Anybody got a video of the actual return? I'm in the Middle East and the wifi is extremely poor here, so I missed it. I got to see some of the game, but would like to just see how the return developed...please post if anyone has it. Thanks in advance!!
Found one here - it was right after halftime:

FrytownJacket

Georgia Tech Fan

That was a pretty weak holding call imo......

Deleted member 2897

There's been plenty of burners that weren't great return guys.

That was the challenge I saw with Cottrell on kickoff returns. The guy has an amazing top end speed and he's pretty quick from a 0 to 60 standpoint...but doesn't seem very shifty. It seemed like more times than not he would pick a gap and turn into it, start gaining speed, and then just run straight into a brick wall at 20mph.

GT18YJ

Georgia Tech Fan
If he drops one, then we have to recover it. We had one within the past couple of years that hit our returner in the chest and bounced out forward past the goal line. If you don't touch it and it lands in the end zone, it's a dead ball. If you catch it, it's live until you down it. During the game is not a good time to be practicing.
I disagree. Every time he catches one for a TB, that’s an extra “practice rep” to help make sure he doesn’t drop one that matters.