JT's Long Run That Got Called Back & "Flukey" Plays

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
Wow, first off what a huge win for the Jackets on the road! I know the long run got called back but runs like that really make JT pretty special.

I thought a couple of flukey things happened that I thought were going to cost us: ridiculous fumble that they recovered & ran in for a TD and then the wide open pass that we missed due to pressure on 4th down (I think) in the first half.

Man, glad we overcame a lot in that game and pulled out the win. Nice team win!

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
JT also had a wide receiver WIDE open because of blown coverage and the ball got tipped on the last TD drive. We overcame a lot of adversity. The players deserve kudos.

UgagSucks

Jolly Good Fellow
It was a game of inches and plays that could have gone either way. What about that 4th and 15? Man oh man!

Oh yeah, 4th & 15th was pretty huge too! I think that was the one to Smelter. I like that he beat Fuller on that play, although he did slip. Big time play....

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I watched Smelter carefully. He was beating Fuller regularly, just like I thought he would. All it took was JT calming down enough to quit putting too much air under his throws. Shows the kind of arm he has, however.

BainbridgeJacket

Helluva Engineer
I don't think the block by Hill was worthy of a flag. JT"s run was very special to watch.....
Honestly, I think we should and probably will send that to the ACC refs after the game. The defender got his hand onto hill before hill got into his legs. That's legal to me. If a player turns his back to the blocker after engaging, it's not a block in the back.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
of course with replay and slow motion it's easier to see... try making the call in real time while running... just sayin'

Eric

Retired Co-Founder
Fwiw CPJ says it shouldn't have been a flag.

So many close to plays

- Snoddy in Ez

- Thomas almost picked on tip pass near the end

- How crazy was the Brewer fumble recovery? So lucky.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Fwiw CPJ says it shouldn't have been a flag.

So many close to plays

- Snoddy in Ez

- Thomas almost picked on tip pass near the end

- How crazy was the Brewer fumble recovery? So lucky.
It was a good win, but also one of the craziest games I have ever seen. I leaned over to a guy watching the game with me and said "that fumble TD reminds me of that UGA game out there back in 2006" (? I think) with that crazy pile up fumble return for TD. At the time I seriously wondered if it would be the back breaker.