JT's future role

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
After watching the Patriots roll up 500 yards in the air on a ton of throws to slot guys, I got to thinking. What do guys like Endleman and Amendola have on JT in terms of quicks etc? I heard JT was trying out as a CB, but why not a slot guy? Who is quicker in short spaces with great direction change? I'm pretty sure he would have good hands.

Last edited:

Techster

Helluva Engineer
After watching the Patriots roll up 500 yards in the air on a ton of throws to slot guys, I got to thinking. What do guys like Endleman and Amendola have on JT in terms of quicks etc? I heard JT was trying out as a CB, but why not a slot guy. Who is quicker in short spaces with great direction change? I'm pretty sure he would have good hands.

Slot WR is exactly what I said when they reported he was playing CB at the Senior Bowl. JeT is an offensive weapon.

zhavenor

Jolly Good Fellow
Do we know how his hands are? In the end if he cannot catch it wouldn't matter if he could do everything else at wr. I'm not saying he can or cannot but I've never seen him catch a ball.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
Slot WR is exactly what I said when they reported he was playing CB at the Senior Bowl. JeT is an offensive weapon.

I had started a thread on another board titled 'Could Justin Thomas be Steve Smith 2.0?' Smith was a dominate receiver at any position he played in offense but he was particularly adept at the slot and even was quoted as saying her preferred playing slot. My comparison was based upon the fact that JeT is fast, can cut in tight spaces, can take a big hit and can run very precisely. He just needs to be molded in Smith's light or some other successful slot receiver. Either way, you get my point that I believe he can handle it.

Oldgoldandwhite

Helluva Engineer
After watching the Patriots roll up 500 yards in the air on a ton of throws to slot guys, I got to thinking. What do guys like Endleman and Amendola have on JT in terms of quicks etc? I heard JT was trying out as a CB, but why not a slot guy? Who is quicker in short spaces with great direction change? I'm pretty sure he would have good hands.
Most NFL teams would not give Endleman and Amendola a chance because they don't fit their "parameters". Reminds me a lot of that kid from Clemson. It can be compared to Baseball. We have had kids that tried to come to Tech in Baseball, but because they didn't fit the mold, went and became all conference elsewhere. JT is definitely a baller and could play for the right team.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
I wouldn't want to have to cover him.
Like others above I too thought he would make a great slot receiver I however feel his strength is how quick his feet and and hands are when making the move to throw a pass
WE have never had anybody at Tech that was a rolling out and could just stop stop on a dime and fire the ball .

I think he would be really good at making the last second judgments to the ball which is key to being a real good possession receiver. His speed needs to be very good if he is going to be used on long routes.

So JT , good luck at combine on the 40 and thanks for being a great quarterback and leader at Georgia Tech!

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
If JeT runs a 4.3ish, someone is taking a chance on him. Teams LOVE speed, and they love playmakers with speed. They will find a home for him if he has that kind of speed.
I'm thinking 4.6 range , but his 3 cone and shuttle could be huge

Techster

Helluva Engineer
A better comp for JT I think would be Randall Cobb. College QB turned successful NFL WR. Cobb has bulked up since being in the pros, but was about the same weight as JT when he came out.

Cobb, Antwan Randel-El, Hines Ward (who he's much faster than).

To me, size and speed wise, he's more Antwan Randel-El. Cobb is actually decent size. JeT is probably in the 5'9ish range.

Philhutch80

Jolly Good Fellow
I'm thinking 4.6 range , but his 3 cone and shuttle could be huge

Where'd you get your info, lol? Remember he was a 100M state track champion in Alabama so speed and acceleration are his high point, especially considering the other athletes he competed against.