JT Wears Gold...

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
The tackle was fine, it's the aftermath that's in question. Like I said earlier, it may or may not have caused an injury. I never heard one player or coach for GT complain about that play after the game, only fans. Hmmmm....

So, that's a yes?

Do you recall coaches or players coming out and complaining about what the dwags did to JN or Ant, or Robbie? When have coaches or players come out and complained about the other team trying to hurt a player? It just doesn't seem to happen that much, so I'm not sure that standard means much, at least not to me. FWIW, CPJ did say on his radio show that "the guy rolled his ankle pretty good" or wtte. In other words, he didn't refer to it as something that just happened or something that Justin did to himself as part of a play. He did blame that play for JT's ankle problem in the second half, and the bad ankle for especially one pass.

Tech93

Helluva Engineer
It was a dirty play IMO and based on talking to someone in the GTAA, I think they felt the same way. That and numerous bad calls were made known to the ACC from the Duke game.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
It was a dirty play IMO and based on talking to someone in the GTAA, I think they felt the same way. That and numerous bad calls were made known to the ACC from the Duke game.
Complaints I hope to improve officiating, because we got what we deserved in that game. Think what might happen if we showed up to play every game on the schedule.

forensicbuzz

Helluva Engineer
Football is a contact sport and people get hurt all the time. However, here's my take.

Watch the play. The Duke player slides on his belly dragging JT down. As JT falls, the Duke player draws up on his elbows and his knees (pulling JT's foot to his chest) and then rolls over to twist his leg. The roll was not necessary and could have been avoided. The player could have released the leg before the roll because JT was already down and out-of-bounds. That was a dirty tackle, intended to hurt JT, if possible. The fling at the end is a sign of disrespect, not an intent to injure, that came earlier.

AE 87

Helluva Engineer
Football is a contact sport and people get hurt all the time. However, here's my take.

Watch the play. The Duke player slides on his belly dragging JT down. As JT falls, the Duke player draws up on his elbows and his knees (pulling JT's foot to his chest) and then rolls over to twist his leg. The roll was not necessary and could have been avoided. The player could have released the leg before the roll because JT was already down and out-of-bounds. That was a dirty tackle, intended to hurt JT, if possible. The fling at the end is a sign of disrespect, not an intent to injure, that came earlier.

I agree with the first but not the end. There was clearly an additional wrench at the end.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer

I tend to agree. Though it is hard to know for sure if it was deliberate, it is clear that the damage is done after JT is on the ground and out of bounds, and probably even after the whistle is blown. But then there is that old adage to "play until the end of the echo of the whistle."

I guess the reason it bothers me is that over the last couple of decades or so I have seen Tech players injured by this same technique several times. Some of these came against uga.

Skeptic

Helluva Engineer
I agree with the first but not the end. There was clearly an additional wrench at the end.
We see those out of bounds shenanigans all the time now, though. It happened a couple of times in the Orange Bowl, and at least once in the ACC championship game, a kind of defiant, "Take that" flip of the leg, or in the case of FSU, the shoulder pads. (It is charming in its own way. One of our guys just hung about 20 yards on them, why would they bring more attention to it? Of course MSU tacklers a couple of time did a short-lived and kind of tepid celebration before realizing they were getting trounced. Regardless I also thought the little twist of the leg at the end was unnecessary and if the purpose was to intimidate somebody, we saw how they went over.

DTGT

Ramblin' Wreck
1. This is the same "tackle" that took Nesbit out of an uGA game.

2. This player injured another player in the same way in Duke's next game.

3. This tackle is done to injure key players without a penalty after the play is over.

4. Here is the same intent to injure in the pros the day after the Duke player injured JT: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...h-bengals-lb-vontaze-burficts-ankle-wrenching

5. Ankles don't rotate in that direction. You can apply torque, have little visible movement of the ankle, and still inflict massive injury. This is very hard for refs to see and that is why it is done.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
1. This is the same "tackle" that took Nesbit out of an uGA game.

2. This player injured another player in the same way in Duke's next game.

3. This tackle is done to injure key players without a penalty after the play is over.

4. Here is the same intent to injure in the pros the day after the Duke player injured JT: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on...h-bengals-lb-vontaze-burficts-ankle-wrenching

5. Ankles don't rotate in that direction. You can apply torque, have little visible movement of the ankle, and still inflict massive injury. This is very hard for refs to see and that is why it is done.
In the uga game the Tech trainer commented on Nesbit going back in and finishing the game and said he had never seen anything like it. "He has a lot of heart," was one of the things he said.

Yes, I have seen this before too and I do not like it. Hard to prove on the field that it is deliberate which I guess is why it is so devious.