JT and Dedrick place in all-time CPJ team

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
I don't know much about CPJs teams before Tech but I was curious if people had an opinion on where JT and Dedrick would compare with all players CPJ has coached in his career. Obviously Dedrick still has a lot more time to prove himself but for a freshman he has to be one of the best CPJ has ever had.

Sideways

Helluva Engineer
I don't know much about CPJs teams before Tech but I was curious if people had an opinion on where JT and Dedrick would compare with all players CPJ has coached in his career. Obviously Dedrick still has a lot more time to prove himself but for a freshman he has to be one of the best CPJ has ever had.

If you mean including his teams at Navy and Georgia Southern, no one would know except PJ (and long time assistants) and he is not talking. Now if we are discussing the All Georgia Tech PJ Team that opens it up for discussion by this board. JT is right there with Nesbitt. Dedrick has the potential to be on the All PJ Tech team with Dwyer. Before it is all said and done, you might want to add Parker and Will though PJ has been blessed with a string of great guards starting with Uzzi and Shaq. Freddie may be a candidate. A backs is going to be tough. A lot of good ones. Ditto receivers. I will defer to others more knowledgeable to discuss those but an intriguing topic to be sure. Defense? I have no idea beyond the obvious ones like Gotsis, Golden, Sneezy, among others.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Tracy Ham is still CPJ's top QB IMO. Garrett Gabriel at Hawaii is a good QB to pull up if you've always wondered "What would CPJ do with a good passing QB?" Gabriel put up some strong passing numbers for that time period. JeT definitely ranks with the all time great QBs to have played for CPJ.

Dwyer, Adrian Peterson at GA Southern are probably the top two RBs. Dedrick had a good freshmen season, and he's got an amazing future, but let him earn it on the field before we get too far down that road.

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
Tracy Ham is still CPJ's top QB IMO. Garrett Gabriel at Hawaii is a good QB to pull up if you've always wondered "What would CPJ do with a good passing QB?" Gabriel put up some strong passing numbers for that time period. JeT definitely ranks with the all time great QBs to have played for CPJ.

Dwyer, Adrian Peterson at GA Southern are probably the top two RBs. Dedrick had a good freshmen season, and he's got an amazing future, but let him earn it on the field before we get too far down that road.
I also wonder what players like Ham and Peterson would have done if they played against stronger competition. They were great players at Southern but against the ACC it mightve been tougher for them to compete at the same level.

Cam

Helluva Engineer
I'm just as hyped as the next guy for what Mills is capable of, but I am going to hold off judgement until we get into the season. We've hyped up players before who have had slumps, so I'll be cautiously optimistic. Though it's unlikely Mills has a poor year unless every DC makes their game plan about stopping him.

For all time team, WRs are probably Bey Bey Thomas and DeAndre Smelter, yeah?

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
At this point I'd still put Jermaine Austin in front of DM, just because of his s small sample size. Mills has the ability to be up there with Adrian Peterson.

My CPJ Ga Tech all time
QB JT5
BB J Dwyer
AB1 Orwin Smith
AB2 Robby Godhigh
WR Bey Bey Thomas
WR Stephen Hill
T Throw it to Beano
T Erin Joe
G Shaq Mason
G O Uzzi
C Freddie Burden

A back was the toughest

SidewalkJacket

Helluva Engineer
I've said it before and I'll say it again. DM may or may not pan out, but he's the closest match to AP that CPJ has ever had. And although Dwyer had amazing physical ability, AP is still the prototype BB. It is simply a specific set of traits in a RB that make an idea fit. DM has all of them.

As far as QBs, I'd go:
1. Tracy Hamm
2. JeT
3. JfN
4. JR Revere

Dottie1145

Helluva Engineer
I've said it before and I'll say it again. DM may or may not pan out, but he's the closest match to AP that CPJ has ever had. And although Dwyer had amazing physical ability, AP is still the prototype BB. It is simply a specific set of traits in a RB that make an idea fit. DM has all of them.

As far as QBs, I'd go:
1. Tracy Hamm
2. JeT
3. JfN
4. JR Revere
Raymond Gross should be top 3.

SlawDog

Banned

As far as QBs, I'd go:
1. Tracy Hamm
2. JeT
3. JfN
4. JR Revere
1. Hamm
2.Gross
3. Nesbitt
4. Thomas

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
No way would Mills be ahead of Adrian Peterson (GSU) or Dwyer. I personally wouldn't put him ahead of Sims or Laskey, either, but expect him to finish ahead of those guys. I'm not familiar enough with GSU/Navy/Hawaii teams to fit their B-backs into this equation.

RE: JeT, I think I'd rank him slightly behind Nesbitt. JeT had (slightly) higher highs, but he had lower lows too. In crunch time, JeT's arm was money but JFN's legs and toughness carried us. Too bad he sprayed so many passes. If he didn't have Bay Bay to haul them in, it might add up differently to me.

No way Smelter should be behind Hill. And I'm not sure (for us) that I wouldn't rather have Smelter than Bay Bay on the team. No question that Bay Bay has a big talent edge and could do more things, but Smelter was so great at creating separation on comebacks and back-shoulder throws and being in sync with JeT that it wins out. However, if Smelter had Nesbitt throwing to him instead, it might add up differently also.

alentrekin

Ramblin' Wreck
I went with body of work. Hill played for all 4 years and yes we remember some drops but we forget some really great catches and reverses. Bey Bey dropped a few as well, 4 and 13 at the Georgia 20 in 2009. Smelter was great but Hill just played more and had as many crucial catches. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=0ahUKEwjp7YX7ruPUAhVs7YMKHUt_AyQQtwIIKDAA&url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCzi9qcE3TM&usg=AFQjCNENuAtnYLArMGPzIoHTGhNydhCYXQ

Hill was electric for sure, but so was Smelter and he was a better all around player and more productive (TDs). Also, Hill went pro after his junior year.