JT 2013 Read Videos

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
JT, if you read these board, please don't take offense of us analyzing your every play... you might call us fanatic (FAN). I think you are doing great and I look forward to your Matrix FAST™ speed on the field in 2014!

Disclaimer aside: Here is a 3TO in the Miami game. You can see the cross charge setting up. The DT is going to look at the AB/QB and the LB is going to come in to get the BB. The play ends up being a pull from the BB and a quick pitch to the AB as both the DT and LB take the QB. Keep an eye out on where JT is looking… which is almost all DT (Does he see the LB?).

Here is the replay form a different angle. Watch the mesh between Sims and JT. See how far the ball is out. I THINK JT wants to hand this off. See the ball hanging out in mid air at the end. JT is a quick thinker, recovers, and makes the pitch to the amazing Godhigh who does a circus juggle just to keep on the edge of our seats.

When I watched the game last year I thought he was reading the cross charge better then Vad due to this play.

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I think you're reading too much into it. I could be wrong but I think the reason that he extends the ball so far is that his footwork on the snap prior to the mesh isn't correct and he didn't get far enough out away from the center.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
It should've been a give for a 6 yard gain by Sims or more if he just keeps his feet. You've got to make them sell out to the dive. If they don't sell out to it, we should be able to average about 5 yards a pop on it. If they can remain uncommitted to the dive and we don't give it, they should be able to stop us. It was fortunate for us that we still made a good play out of it because they had the numbers advantage on us once we didn't give it to the BB. Their OLB and DE both looked in on the QB and neither contained the AB, so Godhigh's clutch play turned into a nice gain. When in doubt, give it. Make them commit to stopping the dive. If you don't, it takes away the whole advantage this offense gives you.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Vamos is right; this should have been a hand off to Sims. I'll say this, however, JT immediately sees that the DE and OLB have run themselves right off the edge and makes the pitch as soon as he does. That both JT and Tim appear to have that part of the game down pat is very encouraging.

TVan

Georgia Tech Fan
It should've been a give for a 6 yard gain by Sims or more if he just keeps his feet. You've got to make them sell out to the dive. If they don't sell out to it, we should be able to average about 5 yards a pop on it. If they can remain uncommitted to the dive and we don't give it, they should be able to stop us. It was fortunate for us that we still made a good play out of it because they had the numbers advantage on us once we didn't give it to the BB. Their OLB and DE both looked in on the QB and neither contained the AB, so Godhigh's clutch play turned into a nice gain. When in doubt, give it. Make them commit to stopping the dive. If you don't, it takes away the whole advantage this offense gives you.
It should od been a keep. He is reading the stack. The OLB was taking dive. It is a pull pitch read for the qb. JT was correct. The dive back was a little wide.

Eastman

Helluva Engineer
Here is the replay form a different angle. Watch the mesh between Sims and JT. See how far the ball is out. I THINK JT wants to hand this off. See the ball hanging out in mid air at the end. JT is a quick thinker, recovers, and makes the pitch to the amazing Godhigh who does a circus juggle just to keep on the edge of our seats.

It appears that the "circus juggle" was due to Godhigh slowing down thinking the ball wouldn't make it to him. The quick decision by JT was impressive and our A-backs will need to be ready.

Ramblin Wrecker

Jolly Good Fellow

It appears that the "circus juggle" was due to Godhigh slowing down thinking the ball wouldn't make it to him. The quick decision by JT was impressive and our A-backs will need to be ready.

I agree, it looks like the timing is slightly off. The play gets saved bc the DE gets caught looking inside and breaks contain (rule number one for DE) and JT is quick/comfortable enough to make the pitch. Seems like the OLB would have stopped the dive and the DE would have gotten the keep.

TVan

Georgia Tech Fan

Miami is running an Easy Stunt. If the OLB is coming in B-gap. The Qb has a pull pitch read.

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Miami is running an Easy Stunt. If the OLB is coming in B-gap. The Qb has a pull pitch read.
If that's the case, seems an easy way to screw us is to show that stack or cross charge or easy stunt or whatever you want to call it and tell both guys to ignore the BB. If we're automatically pull pitching in that scenario without making them actually commit to the dive they have the qb and pitch man accounted for. If the de can actually get out there and cover the pitch, we're toast on that play.

GT Man

Ramblin' Wreck
If that's the case, seems an easy way to screw us is to show that stack or cross charge or easy stunt or whatever you want to call it and tell both guys to ignore the BB. If we're automatically pull pitching in that scenario without making them actually commit to the dive they have the qb and pitch man accounted for. If the de can actually get out there and cover the pitch, we're toast on that play.

I think the first couple times it would hurt us. I just think pj would find a way to make them pay for it eventually

TVan

Georgia Tech Fan
If they were to do that, CPJ would run the zone dive. It is an automatic give, but looks like the triple. All defenders are blocked. So it is a chess match and my money is on PJ.

Longestday

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
I think they are doing there best to shadow the BB to show a BB take but actually take the QB.

The defense gives up 2 to 4 yards up the middle this way, but keeps the outside closed. Law of averages, the QB will not give every time and will get tackled for loss setting us behind schedule. Or CPJ will try a rocket toss and get TFL.

Last edited: