Josh "Tip-Drill" Harvey-Clemons out at UGA

CornerBlitz

Jolly Good Fellow
Honestly man, I don't have much sympathy for kids in his situation. I don't even think it's a "turn his life around" situation. It doesn't take much maturity to not break the law.

I grew up surrounded by knuckleheads so I've seen firsthand how a lot of the issues that arise are indeed choices one makes.

I don't disagree that he has likely made bad choices, and now he is paying the consequences. I've seen this stuff too. I just hope he and others like him realize they are here to do more than smoke pot and run the football.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
Kid must have a serious problem.
Here's my thing I realize that a lot of this is up to self discipline but couldn't UGA as program assist this young man in conquering whatever demons he might have. Substance abuse programs, counselling, mentorship programs. I mean it is about molding and shaping young minds right?

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Here's my thing I realize that a lot of this is up to self discipline but couldn't UGA as program assist this young man in conquering whatever demons he might have. Substance abuse programs, counselling, mentorship programs. I mean it is about molding and shaping young minds right?

Can't fix stupid. Sorry but it is what it is.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
If it were any of that I don't think they would've kicked him. This is Rev. Richt we're talking about.

Idk. I'm asking. Is there something that is instituted in the program that can help with addiction? any program for that matter. Kicking out is one thing, but what is/was there to help. Just telling someone to stop and then leaving them to their own devices isn't actually helping the kid.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
I wonder why parents don't question UGA coaches during their recruitment "Why is it that so many of your kids get kicked out of school?! Why aren't you helping these kids with their problems if you know it's going on?"

I mean, it's one 4/5 star after another every year that gets the boot.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

I would agree would if he wasn't already on chance 6 or 7 more likely 10. Can't help someone who doesn't want to be helped

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer

Well, no it is not about shaping and molding young minds.

It is about giving the S/As a chance to get an education (a lot of which depends on the individual) AND winning games. True at ugag, GT, UVA, bama, nd, wyo , ucla, msu, and everywhere else.

No Athletic Dept is equipped / qualified to have stand alone drug abuse, emotional distress, mentorship personal or depts.

All the individual schools will via their health depts. have that capability, At some point the individual must take the reigns.

TheSilasSonRising

Helluva Engineer
I wonder why parents don't question UGA coaches during their recruitment "Why is it that so many of your kids get kicked out of school?! Why aren't you these kids with their problems if you know it's going on?"

I mean, it's one 4/5 star after another every year that gets the boot.

Obviously a valid question, but what if they are asking? IDK if they are or not.

What if the answer is not what we might expect?