Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t understand why anyone thinks he would go to the draft. He is a very good college player but josh is not nba ready. I am not convinced yet that he will be ready by the end of his junior year either. I have watched a lot of basketball in my life and I love Josh and support him 100% but NBA players are really really good.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
Are any of them ready after 1 or 2 years. Some are projecting him in the first round. I hope he stays. He is the man in our offense and maybe his degree is important to him so he stays.

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
I don’t see anything that shows him being picked next year in round 1 or 2.

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
I do think he'll dip his toe in the NBA waters this spring. I do feel he will return to Tech, and will jump after next season because our style of play will showcase his style of play. I've said it before, we will feature the best 3pt shooting team we've had in a decade. We will be guard-oriented. We'll play faster. And Josh will excel in this open style which will make him even more significant in the ACC — which will get him exposure. Jose, Curt, Josh, Devoe, Phillips, Sjouland, Cole, Alston — and I think we may sign another space player — we will have no shortage of capable and, I believe, successful open-floor players. Our style of play will be entertaining, no doubt, and hopefully victorious.

mstranahan

Helluva Engineer
No one I've spoken to thinks Josh will declare or try out. They all think he is definitely back for one or two more years

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
He isn't leaving. Next year, he will finally be able to play at a lightning fast pace. His game willreally start to shine I truly believe. He is so much better when he can catch, release, shoot and repeat. He also started showing some great defensive prowess towards the end of ACC play. He's a real talent and will play in the NBA one day if he can stay patient.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
If Tech has as good a year as several of us think they will which could land Tech in the NCAA tournament it would make since for him to return. He has a 7'0" wingspan at 6'4" if he has a great year could be a lottery pick. He is a prototypical NBA 2 with that wingspan.

YlJacket

Helluva Engineer
I do think he'll dip his toe in the NBA waters this spring. I do feel he will return to Tech, and will jump after next season because our style of play will showcase his style of play. I've said it before, we will feature the best 3pt shooting team we've had in a decade. We will be guard-oriented. We'll play faster. And Josh will excel in this open style which will make him even more significant in the ACC — which will get him exposure. Jose, Curt, Josh, Devoe, Phillips, Sjouland, Cole, Alston — and I think we may sign another space player — we will have no shortage of capable and, I believe, successful open-floor players. Our style of play will be entertaining, no doubt, and hopefully victorious.

If I were advising him that is what I would tell him to do. And counsel him that next year should be a better showcase.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
If Tech has as good a year as several of us think they will which could land Tech in the NCAA tournament it would make since for him to return. He has a 7'0" wingspan at 6'4" if he has a great year could be a lottery pick. He is a prototypical NBA 2 with that wingspan.
Most fans have no idea what we could be capable of next season. I'm calling it now, NCAA berth.

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Most fans have no idea what we could be capable of next season. I'm calling it now, NCAA berth.
This will be Pastner's first season he has a nice hand to play with and record matters barring a weird amount of injuries regardless of grad transfers. I Imagine a rotation of 8-9 of Jose, Devoe, Okogie, Cole, AD, Shembari, CGB, Moore, Wright then you still have guys like Alston, Sjolund, Ogbonda who could find themselves in the rotation as well.

Gtbowhunter90

In Black Bear Country
Contributing Writer
This will be Pastner's first season he has a nice hand to play with and record matters barring a weird amount of injuries regardless of grad transfers. I Imagine a rotation of 8-9 of Jose, Devoe, Okogie, Cole, AD, Shembari, CGB, Moore, Wright then you still have guys like Alston, Sjolund, Ogbonda who could find themselves in the rotation as well.
Reading this made me happy... check out all those bodies :D

OG-T

Jolly Good Fellow
Moore will not return. Not official yet, but clearly the GTea Leaves indicate this future.

YJMD

Helluva Engineer
He should test the waters by declaring without an agent even if there is 0 percent chance of remaining in the draft even if he is guaranteed the #1 pick. He certainly won't be rated that high, but I think he could move up draft boards a lot from individual workouts. Sometimes 2 teams get enamored with a player and drive the value up a lot. Regardless, him going through the process can only help him understand how he might fit into the NBA and what he needs to improve upon before making the leap, and it can help him build relationships and understand the culture of the NBA better.

Josh seems like the type where his character values of sticking with the team may prevent him from taking this step. I think we should push him to declare without retaining because really our first priority is to our SAs themselves, although I hope the process doesn't change his mind about returning.