Josh Okogie to hire agent and stay in NBA Draft

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
I’ve felt he’s been gone since the pool party pics at Rons came out. Something has felt off all year with his chemistry with JP from watching the games this season (My opinion) But I’m not holding out any hope on him coming back.

orientalnc

Helluva Engineer
Retired Staff
I think the NBA guys will tell him to stay in school. His best case scenario in the mock drafts I have seen is the 2nd round. There is not much guaranteed money in the 2nd round.

g0lftime

Helluva Engineer
The elephant in the room is his academic progression. If josh is doing okay in school and moving forward toward his degreen then makes coming back easier decision. If he is treading water or really finding school to be more of a grind than he wants then he might go pro regardless of draft status. I hope he stays and ultimately gets his degree. Even Michael jordan came back to unc and got his degree. Of course he played golf every afternoon until dark at the unc golf course when he came back.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
Rivals Roundtable: Players that will be missed most next season
3. Which big-name player considering the NBA should return to college for another year?

DAN MCDONALD:
Josh Okogie from Georgia Tech should really consider coming back for one more year. With one more year to work on his game with some more help on the perimeter at his disposal with five-star guard Mike Devoe coming in, Okogie could have a really good year and make his way comfortably into the first round. Word I'm getting right now is he could sneak into the first round this year if things go really well for him over the next month or so, but next year he could work his way closer to a lottery pick with a strong junior season.

jbix80

Ramblin' Wreck
He tweeted a few hours ago, “You can’t stop what God got for me.”
Could that be concerning his decision to go pro? Who knows?

D-man44

Helluva Engineer
Interesting. McDonald says he’s a 5*, and gives a link to Rivals which says he’s a 4*. But as we all know stars don’t matter.

Or is that only in football?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
rankings update coming???;)