Josh Nesbitt article

jgtengineer

Helluva Engineer
Three kids, got his degree, still holds a few ACC QB rushing records. "Life is good". Good to know.

Honestly think if Nesbitt hadn't been injured he probably gets a bit more time in the league as a RB or SS potentially. That era still had a place for power backs. The problem was by the time he rehabed he was behind on a position switch. We probably beat VT with him in there, maybe even beat UGA and bust their bowl streak end that season 8-4 with potentially a loss in the bowl game (or win if nesbitt was able to will it in his last game) I am glad he's on his feet with his degree.

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Ol' JfN! Talk about what might have been. Tony Barnhart once said Nesbitt was one of the best HS safeties he saw. That's where other schools wanted him to play...and he probably would have moved there if Gailey were given another year considering the QB that was coming in the 2008 class.

Tells you how talented he was playing QB in college for 4 years then making the Bills squad as a DB. What might have been with Morgan Burnett and Nesbitt in the defensive backfield.

Happy to hear he graduated from GT, has a family, and is giving back to the game. Hope to see him roaming the sidelines at games this fall.

Spalding Jacket

Jolly Good Fellow
Mandatory

upload_2020-6-14_22-58-12.jpeg

TooTall

Helluva Engineer
Loved his grit and will to win.

That play at FSU where he ripped the ball back from a defender to regain possession for GT was something I will never forget! Pure determination!

Being married at the time and watching the game in bed while she slept, meant I had to sleep on the couch when I shouted for joy as he ripped it back.

Well worth it!

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Being married at the time and watching the game in bed while she slept, meant I had to sleep on the couch when I shouted for joy as he ripped it back.

Well worth it!

Wasn’t that an 8 o clock kick with a hour+ lightning delay too? Probably best if you stayed on the couch until sunrise

LibertyTurns

Banned
Wasn’t that an 8 o clock kick with a hour+ lightning delay too? Probably best if you stayed on the couch until sunrise
Yes it was. I was about an hour from home watching the game with some buddies. I must have gotten home around 2am with all the post-game celebration.

CuseJacket

Administrator
Staff member
I was fortunate to make it to Doak for that FSU game. That was the game Bobby Bowden came out of the tunnel, arms locked with players, because his seat was warming up. That team was motivated for reasons beyond trying to beat a top 25 opponent at home.

Fortunate circumstances for me:
  • Ended up finding friends with FSU season ticket family tailgating a few car lengths from the stadium. Perfect for tailgating pregame and during the lightning delay with re-entry.
  • Stands weren't fully packed and no seat enforcement allowed a bunch of Tech fans to migrate to the corner of the end zone for the game. Kind of like lower east at BDS next to GT tunnel with younger season ticket holders, standing the whole game. So a lively time for the duration.
That stolen fumble happened on our end, though on the other side of the field. So we were effectively looking through 24 jerseys trying to understand what happened. We were guessing based on the up-and-down crowd reaction, but that outcome was near impossible to guess. When we heard the official explanation, there were a lot of slow but loud "JfN's" thrown around.

Per usual, that play was a JfN game-winner. We were up 4 points mid-fourth quarter, and our defense couldn't slow them down. Even without a fumble on that play, we would have faced 3rd and 10. Basically Nesbitt turned a coin flip outcome into a soul-crushing momentum-stealer and delivered us the W.

One of my favorite away games that I saw in person (though doesn't beat @ Georgia 2008, 2014 and 2016, the first of which was Nesbitt-led as well).