Jose F. Alvarado Senior Thread

• Thread starter Deleted member 2897
  • Start date

CLM

Jolly Good Fellow
Everyone needs to listen to GT:60 tonight. 25ish minute mark, Josh talks about the conversation Jose and Josh had at 2am in McCamish as Jose practiced free throws after the bus ride home from Clemson. Brought me to near tears. Love this kid, don't care if he misses crucial a free throw or not. I'm gonna bawl when his Georgia Tech career is over.how

Deleted member 2897

Jose is now all time at Georgia Tech:
Points: 17th (no change from last week, now 32 points out of Top 15)
Assists: 10th (no change from last week, now 20 assists out of 9th place...then another 65 (won't happen) away from 8th)
Steals: 4th (moved up 1 more spot in the last week, 10 steals away from passing Travis Best to be Top 3, then 10 more for Top 2)

Overall in the ACC, Jose is currently in 6th in points, 6th in assists, 1st in steals, and 1st in free throw percentage.

awbuzz

Helluva Manager
Staff member
1614783184712.png

RhoChi

Ramblin' Wreck
I knew he had not looked right the last few games. Lets hope we get a big lead and get Jose some rest against Wake.
I mean, hes been nursing a hamstring injury. The fact that he played 45 minutes against Duke with that and kept getting beat up makes me worried.

Also, I hate to be that guy. But with his latest performances suffering from his injury, I think hes gonna get second team all acc at best now unless something sensational happens at WF

MidtownJacket

Staff member
That Jose campaigned for Moses to get ACC POY makes me support him so much more. I’m so grateful he got recognized for his defensive effort - he deserved every accolade he got and more. I’d still take him as first team All-Acc guard in a heart beat.

There isn’t a player in the conference I’d pick over Jose to build a team around.

Deleted member 2897

Jose is now all time at Georgia Tech:
Points: 17th (no change from last week, now 32 points out of Top 15)
Assists: 10th (no change from last week, now 20 assists out of 9th place...then another 65 (won't happen) away from 8th)
Steals: 4th (moved up 1 more spot in the last week, 10 steals away from passing Travis Best to be Top 3, then 10 more for Top 2)

Overall in the ACC, Jose is currently in 6th in points, 6th in assists, 1st in steals, and 1st in free throw percentage.

Up to 15th in points all time at Tech.
Still 10th in assists, but 2 out of 9th place.
Jose officially passed the great Travis Best to move into 3rd place all time in steals. He's now 9 steals behind #2 Bruce Dalrymple, and 22 behind the all time leader Mark Price.

Deleted member 2897

Up to 15th in points all time at Tech.
Still 10th in assists, but 2 out of 9th place.
Jose officially passed the great Travis Best to move into 3rd place all time in steals. He's now 9 steals behind #2 Bruce Dalrymple, and 22 behind the all time leader Mark Price.

If not for all the missed games due to Covid (most against poor teams), he’d be right on the edge of taking down freaking Mark Price’s all time steals record. Incredible.

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
If not for all the missed games due to Covid (most against poor teams), he’d be right on the edge of taking down freaking Mark Price’s all time steals record. Incredible.

We missed 4 games this year right? Conceivably he could have gotten there (especially with games left to play). I'd point more to the games missed at the beginning of last year.

That being said, Jose does have a higher spg than Price for his career (2.1 to 1.9 I believe). Wonder what the record is for that, with some minimum on games played.