Jordan Yates

jacketup

Helluva Engineer
Agreed. The OL is a house of horrors. No progression in 3 years. Key is not getting it done.
We have 4 years of Johnson recruiting on the OL, and 2 years of Collins' recruiting since there was no loss of eligibility last year and super seniors. Minihan is the only Johnson recruit that has made a consistent OL contribution.. Every Collins recruit on the OL is a freshman. Experience and physical maturity count on the OL, but we don't have it. It is what it is. They have tried to plug the OL with the portal, but there is a reason guys transfer. Having said that, I'm not impressed with Key, either.

SandySpringsJacket

Jolly Good Fellow
I do have a question for those who know throwing mechanics. I know Sims is much taller than Yates, but I am truly surprised at the number of tipped balls Sims has at the line of scrimmage… and tipped isn’t always the right word as some have hit a helmet. These have led to interceptions and some just wasted plays. Is his launch point low? Is he tall, but plays small? It seems we have way more of these than other teams I watch (although I don’t think there are statistics on this so I can’t quantify).
Seems to me it happens because locks in on the receiver from the time of the snap until he throws it and so the defenders know where he will be throwing it.

swampsting

Helluva Engineer
We have 4 years of Johnson recruiting on the OL, and 2 years of Collins' recruiting since there was no loss of eligibility last year and super seniors. Minihan is the only Johnson recruit that has made a consistent OL contribution.. Every Collins recruit on the OL is a freshman. Experience and physical maturity count on the OL, but we don't have it. It is what it is. They have tried to plug the OL with the portal, but there is a reason guys transfer. Having said that, I'm not impressed with Key, either.
Cooper was playing but got hurt. Quinney played two years but chose to graduate. We also lost probably the highest rated OL recruit under Collins when Rankins left before the season.
Cochran and Johnson played a lot but the other two transfers, Pendley and Kirby, who was supposed to be a big time help, got very little PT.

gville_jacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Cooper was playing but got hurt. Quinney played two years but chose to graduate. We also lost probably the highest rated OL recruit under Collins when Rankins left before the season.
Cochran and Johnson played a lot but the other two transfers, Pendley and Kirby, who was supposed to be a big time help, got very little PT.
To be fair, both Pendley and Kirby were injured most of the year.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer
According to his latest Tweet, Yates will remain a student at Tech through the Spring semester in order to leave as a grad transfer, so he cannot participate in Spring drills with another team. I would not be surprised to see him at an FCS school next Fall while working on his Masters.
KSU, maybe Southern, or GA state could be a possibility.