Jordan Yates

slugboy

Staff member

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It would be Carter (hopefully). That was a bad and sad error, there.

Also, the ball was too high for McGowan and too short for Carter—as much as I like Yates’ game and grit, that was a poor pass.
Looked on target to me, but that's from the foreshortened angle on TV. If you were at the game, I accept your take on it.

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Yates had a PFF score of 42.6 overall (60 is the average around CFB). A pass rating of 36.7 and a run grade of 60.9

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
It would be Carter (hopefully). That was a bad and sad error, there.

Also, the ball was too high for McGowan and too short for Carter—as much as I like Yates’ game and grit, that was a poor pass.
Here it is, at 9:39. Looks very much to me like the pass would have been complete to Carter had it not deflected off McGowan.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
After rewatching that, I’d move McGowan to defense immediately. It’s the first pass we’ve broken up in about 2 months.
I will Bump this until we get interception

Its like our plan is to let them catch it and Force a turnover.
The old saw==
When u pass there are 3 things that can happen and 2 of them are bad.
With OUR let them catch and cause a fumble, the saw is 4 things can happen and 4 of them are bad.

UgaBlows

Helluva Engineer
I will Bump this until we get interception

Its like our plan is to let them catch it and Force a turnover.
The old saw==
When u pass there are 3 things that can happen and 2 of them are bad.
With OUR let them catch and cause a fumble, the saw is 4 things can happen and 4 of them are bad.
Our db play is SO bad, i never see them turn around and spot the ball, thats gotta be a coaching issue

GTcanWINagain

Banned
Yates has one problem - sporadic playing time. If he had the same playing time under his belt as Sims he’d be way ahead of where he is right now. The indecision on the pick was simply due to lack of playing time which causes hesitation. We saw it last year with Sims. Yates has really played ball consistently in 3 years. And the problem moving forward is even if he gets the nod to be the sacrificial lamb the next two games we all know Collins will have Sims take all the snaps in the spring and then open the season. We’ll be 1-3 before Yates gets another shot under this coach. And someone posted earlier that he may graduate soon. If so, he should go somewhere even a lower level to at least get a chance to play consistently.
Yates is rumored to graduate before Fall 2022. The kid turned down Yale to come to GT so he will not be taking a step down. If anything, I would look for him at Wake, Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Northwestern, or any other top academic FBS school. If he excels away from GT without Collins, it will be another coaching datapoint…

Gt2019

Helluva Engineer
Yates is rumored to graduate before Fall 2022. The kid turned down Yale to come to GT so he will not be taking a step down. If anything, I would look for him at Wake, Duke, Vandy, Stanford, Northwestern, or any other top academic FBS school. If he excels away from GT without Collins, it will be another coaching datapoint…
Tech was his only power 5 offer. Why would those schools come calling now on a limited undersized backup QB who is just now getting playing time in his 3rd year. He will have to drop down 1 or 2 levels.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Maybe i watched a different game. Yates managed the game ok but as we talked about, he’s extremely limited in his throws especially over the middle & beyond 20yrs. I’m not sure how lack of experience played a part in his INT. Just don’t throw to the guy in the opposite color jersey

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
I don't know who it was. I just said it looked like #7. Just looked him up on the roster. Obviously I had forgotten what happened with him, and I'm sorry about that.
To be fair, Gowdy is #7 too…and so is Walton.

It’s funny that single digits “are a big deal in this program” but we feel we can just hand out the same one 2-3 at a time. 21 players on our team have a single digit jersey.

The argument goes something like this - well, they are never on the field at the same time because one plays offense and one plays defense. Well, what about special teams?

On Saturday we got a penalty for having two players on the field wearing the same number :banghead:. This penalty is pretty much the most avoidable penalty that exists in football by just making sure that two guys on your three deep (yeah you need one of those) don’t get dressed with the same damn number on.

If these guys are our best players then why would you limit their ability to be on the field at the same time when you need them?

Seriously, how could the staff be expected to manage that?

I realize there are more than 100 players, but that’s why I referenced the depth chart. The only time I recall seeing this in the past a was with scout team players that had virtually zero chance of getting on the field.

bke1984

Helluva Engineer
Maybe i watched a different game. Yates managed the game ok but as we talked about, he’s extremely limited in his throws especially over the middle & beyond 20yrs. I’m not sure how lack of experience played a part in his INT. Just don’t throw to the guy in the opposite color jersey
This about sums it up. He manages the game well (interception aside), he progresses through his reads well, has great pocket presence…but he can’t throw the ball down field. If he could he’d be the starting QB.

cthenrys

Ramblin' Wreck
On Saturday we got a penalty for having two players on the field wearing the same number :banghead:. This penalty is pretty much the most avoidable penalty that exists in football by just making sure that two guys on your three deep (yeah you need one of those) don’t get dressed with the same damn number on..
This is one id like to see questioned in a presser. This seems completely inexcusable. It’s definitely not biGTime coaching at a high level. It’s pretty indicative of some of the dumb s**t we’ve seen for three years from this HC / staff. But I guess they’ll work on it and get it fixed.