Jordan played O and D

dhbartlett12

Ramblin' Wreck
THis was that failed punt they had. It was special teams. Jordan was the closest to the ball, so he gets the FF, but in one stat book I saw the FF awarded to "team" but Jordan did make the tackle.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On one run jordan made cut up field , he was was near the bench. It was the play where Allcorn player got injured. . Not sure if it was a rocket toss.
When he cut , you could hear his cleats digging into the turf. He appeared to accelerate out of turn and got unexpected yards. I was suprised he got thru the defenders. Imo we should give him touches at ab as he could get us needed yards in short yardage.

danny daniel

Helluva Engineer
On one run jordan made cut up field , he was was near the bench. It was the play where Allcorn player got injured. . Not sure if it was a rocket toss.
When he cut , you could hear his cleats digging into the turf. He appeared to accelerate out of turn and got unexpected yards. I was suprised he got thru the defenders. Imo we should give him touches at ab as he could get us needed yards in short yardage.

I agree that Jordan may have a good future at AB, as a receiver, blocker, and runner. He was impressive on two runs up the sideline (and blocking). However he was unable to make the full 90 degree cut and in both cases his momentum took him out of bounds where there was opportunity to get more yards. He was likely running out of control (too much effort).
Our successful ABs have the ability to make that sharp turn, get pointed upfield, and pick up that valuable yardage after contact. I am sure this something he will learn, and if so he could become a really good AB weapon. Notice how Snoddy has learned to make those sharp cuts at the edge. Searcy, T Marshall, and Lynch seem to be able to make those cuts. Willis runs hard but the results look more like Jordan; but I agree that those two can get you the tough short yardage with their momentum and bigger bodies.

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
Or we could just give it to skov LOL

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
Jordan can obviously help us at Aback which is great. He will continue to compete at Qb the next couple years and remains our 3rd string QB this year. Won't surprise me at all if he's #2 QB next year.

GTHomer

Ramblin' Wreck
Jordan can obviously help us at Aback which is great. He will continue to compete at Qb the next couple years and remains our 3rd string QB this year. Won't surprise me at all if he's #2 QB next year.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan decided to concentrate on being the best A Back he can be going forward and see what becomes of that. That decision turned out OK for another former quarterback who was one of our leading rushers last season. I think we have a good pipeline with respect to QBs.

orange14

Jolly Good Fellow
I agree that Jordan may have a good future at AB, as a receiver, blocker, and runner. He was impressive on two runs up the sideline (and blocking). However he was unable to make the full 90 degree cut and in both cases his momentum took him out of bounds where there was opportunity to get more yards. He was likely running out of control (too much effort).
Our successful ABs have the ability to make that sharp turn, get pointed upfield, and pick up that valuable yardage after contact. I am sure this something he will learn, and if so he could become a really good AB weapon. Notice how Snoddy has learned to make those sharp cuts at the edge. Searcy, T Marshall, and Lynch seem to be able to make those cuts. Willis runs hard but the results look more like Jordan; but I agree that those two can get you the tough short yardage with their momentum and bigger bodies.
But there haven't been that many that actually did this on a regular basis. Snoddy, Hill, Orwin, Roddy and.......I guess Godhigh. There have been some that spent a large part of their career tripping over their own blockers - much less lacking the ability to turn upfield. Too early to say about Marshall and Searcy. It doesn't seem like we have got many home runs from the outside pitch in a while from the A back position,

redmule

Ramblin' Wreck
I wouldn't be surprised if Jordan decided to concentrate on being the best A Back he can be going forward and see what becomes of that. That decision turned out OK for another former quarterback who was one of our leading rushers last season. I think we have a good pipeline with respect to QBs.

A Back is going to be a huge logjam next year with tons of talent. We only lose Snoddy, and get back Cottrell, MLD, Green, plus whoever we sign this year. On the other hand, you lose Byerly and JT is a Senior. Where do you think Jordan sees playing time the most likely? He gains nothing by sitting on the bench as a 3rd string QB this year, but I don't think he loses anything at QB by playing some AB.

alaguy

Helluva Engineer
bingo, actually looks like the same path-learn Aback then excel.I don't see Jordan as the QB

Whiskey_Clear

Banned
The fact that Jordan is listed behind JT and TB is not an indictment of his ability to start for us eventually. The 2 ahead of him might be the best 2 we have had at the position under CPJ.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
I think Jordan is at AB because of injuries at the position and the rock-sold 1-2 we have at QB. He'll go back next year, I'm guessing, and probably do alright. I do think that with Campbell and Martensen we have two good QB candidates for 2-3 next year, so it could depend on him and his success at AB this year.

The main thing here is that he's finding the field. He has talent and we need to find a way to use it. The one thing we lack at AB is size and he has it, if he can learn to use it.