1. Welcome to Georgia Tech Swarm! JOIN US and be a part of the SWARM! GO JACKETS! THWg!

Jordan Mason Question

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Amerson1990, Aug 29, 2018.

1. Amerson1990

Amerson1990 Banned

Anyone heard yet if he has been cleared to play Saturday?
    CPJ said he might have an academic issue and not be able to play, Just curious if anyone heard of the outcome from meeting yesterday??? .

2. jwsavhGT

jwsavhGT Moderator Staff Member

Fixed the title for you - keeps down the heart attacks.

3. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

I think the academic issue will determine if he starts or not. I’m pretty sure CPJ said he’ll play.

4. BCJacket

BCJacket Helluva Engineer

What I want to know is: Is he the "JB"/JP TQM mentioned as one of the three fastest on the team? CPJ mentioned on the radio show "everyone calls him JP". If he's 6'1" 212 and one of the three fastest guys on the team... he's gonna be a weapon.

ggresh and GTNavyNuke like this.
  5. dressedcheeseside

dressedcheeseside Helluva Engineer

JB is most likely Jaytlin Brandon Askew.

6. deeeznutz

deeeznutz Helluva Engineer

Yeah I was kind of thinking the academic meeting was relative to whether KirVonte starts or not (the context I saw it mentioned was talking about the suspensions being for minor academic things), like they’re giving him a chance to earn back his starting job by doing right.

alentrekin likes this.
  7. tech_wreck47

tech_wreck47 Helluva Engineer

So I read what CPJ said completely different. I took it that grades come out, and as long as his grades meet the standards he will start. I mean is there a NCAA standard but GT has its own standard for guys to start? That doesn’t make much sense to me.

8. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

It's JB Jaytlin Askew... Skip to 3:12 to see Jaytlin. He says he's definitely the fastest also Tariq Carpenter confirms it at the end.

GTNavyNuke, COJacket and stech81 like this.
  9. MidtownJacket

MidtownJacket Helluva Engineer

also whoever cut that video isn't doing us many favors with that ferocious image as the video..

bwelbo and furant like this.
  10. deeeznutz

deeeznutz Helluva Engineer

Curry looks like a buff Spicoli with a haircut in that shot.

TaxJacket, Dottie1145 and Longestday like this.
  11. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: Just..........................damn

bwelbo likes this.
  12. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

I believe Curry is gonna be a pleasant surprise for our defense this year. He's been banged up but he stood out on tape at Buford when a ton of D1 talent was on the field.

Dottie1145 likes this.
  13. AE 87

AE 87 Helluva Engineer

He looks like he shops at the Ansley Mall Kroger in the 1980s

5277hike likes this.
  14. Coachstick12

Coachstick12 Ramblin' Wreck

Mason is good on grades. Just talk to him

GoodBuzz, GT_05, Oakland and 12 others like this.
  15. Amerson1990

Amerson1990 Banned

Great news, thx for update

Coachstick12 likes this.
  16. Whiskey_Clear

Whiskey_Clear Helluva Engineer

We have 3 Bbacks that have good speed and are tough to tackle. T Marshall says the O is “clicking” (I interpret that as guys aren’t missing assignments). We have big play guys at Aback. We have probably our best all around and deepest OL in CPJs tenure. The only ? marks I have is at WR (camp reports were promising) and QB consistency with reads and throws.

I think our O is gonna roll again this year. BDS is gonna be big play central again.

GT_05, chewybaka, Eastman and 3 others like this.
  17. BCJacket

BCJacket Helluva Engineer

Ah, good to know. Speed kills. JP Mason certainly isn't slow either, look forward to seeing him break some big runs...

GTonTop88 and UpperNorth like this.
  18. ATL1

ATL1 Helluva Engineer

Taquan called him a bigger taller Kirvonte.
    Add Howard and that sounds like a win.

GT_05, Milwaukee, THWG and 1 other person like this.
  19. OldJacketFan

OldJacketFan Helluva Engineer

I know the region he played in here in Middle TN, VERY competitive and physical. Knowing that and the numbers he put up I've no doubt Jordan is gooden!

20. bwelbo

bwelbo Helluva Engineer

As a reminder, when starting a new thread that includes a player’s name, you must use at least 5 disqualifying statements.

For example, you could title this thread: “A question about Jordan Ponchez-Mason who has not been arrested, involved with the police, is under no suspicion, is not injured, doesn’t even have a niggle, slept well last night, is pretty happy, and doesn’t own a scooter”