Jordan Mason Hype Thread

Gtech50

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s terrible what happened to KB and he was one of my favorite players but let’s get some excitement in watching JP take over that starting role for the rest of the season. I know we haven’t seen much of him but he’s done pretty well from what I’ve seen so far. What’re everyone’s thoughts on him?

He has one of the best HS tapes I’ve seen from any of or BBs:

tatertot1

Ramblin' Wreck
It’s terrible what happened to KB and he was one of my favorite players but let’s get some excitement in watching JP take over that starting role for the rest of the season. I know we haven’t seen much of him but he’s done pretty well from what I’ve seen so far. What’re everyone’s thoughts on him?

As long as he don't fumble the ball much I'll be good with him,I think he carries the rock better than Benson imo so by that means here's to a good season with Mason and no fumbles, I like him and Howard too Gooo Jackets !!!

GT_05

Helluva Engineer
I love this thread. After the loss to USF and losing Benson, it would be easy to fold up our tent and complain about what could’ve been this season. Don’t do it! JP is young but I’m impressed with him and I think Jerry will also step up. I think we need to rally around these guys and go out and kick some butt! #BeatPitt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cuttysark

Ramblin' Wreck
Prior to the last several seasons we were constantly losing Offensive Linemen every year since CPJ arrived on the Flats. Now we have lost several B-Backs: Marshall; Mills; Wiemerskirch; and most recently Benson. However, just like we saw in in the USF game when backups were put in due to injuries on offense, they stepped it up. Everyone needs to stay healthy as depth cannot withstand multiple injuries at a single position.

As Bama's Nick Saban said after losing two starting Linebackers in summer camp: "Do you think we just s#*t out another player when someone gets injured!" Even Bama has a roster limited to 85 scholarship players!

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Prior to the last several seasons we were constantly losing Offensive Linemen every year since CPJ arrived on the Flats. Now we have lost several B-Backs: Marshall; Mills; Wiemerskirch; and most recently Benson. However, just like we saw in in the USF game when backups were put in due to injuries on offense, they stepped it up. Everyone needs to stay healthy as depth cannot withstand multiple injuries at a single position.
True, we do need to keep our next 2 BBs healthy. Or, at least, try to.

As to losing BBs: look at the record. Recently, we've had some trouble, but I'm at a loss to see how Coach is to blame for it. Leggett and Quaid both got hurt before the 2015 season. Then Marshall took over and did well enough so that Leggett left, figuring he wouldn't start. Then Marshall did the same when Mills came on campus. Then Quaid did the same when Benson took over. With Custis - grades, I think - and Mills we had discipline problems. Now Benson gets hurt.

Except for Mills - and I don't think the football program is completely to blame for that - I don't see that any of this is anything but a) players choices or b) bad luck. Those aren't things that coaches have a whole lot of influence over. I'll always miss Mills; he was probably the best back Coach would have had since the Real Adrian Peterson. But we have good players on tap and every reason they'll come through.

dressedcheeseside

Helluva Engineer

As to losing BBs: look at the record. Recently, we've had some trouble, but I'm at a loss to see how Coach is to blame for it. Leggett and Quaid both got hurt before the 2015 season. Then Marshall took over and did well enough so that Leggett left, figuring he wouldn't start. Then Marshall did the same when Mills came on campus. Then Quaid did the same when Benson took over. With Custis - grades, I think - and Mills we had discipline problems. Now Benson gets hurt.

Except for Mills - and I don't think the football program is completely to blame for that - I don't see that any of this is anything but a) players choices or b) bad luck. Those aren't things that coaches have a whole lot of influence over. I'll always miss Mills; he was probably the best back Coach would have had since the Real Adrian Peterson. But we have good players on tap and every reason they'll come through.
Agree on Mills and his loss is the most frustrating because it was self inflicted. Character and maturity are just things that are very difficult to gauge in recruiting. However, GT seems to do a better job than most. Academics, by itself, mitigates much of that.

boger2337

Helluva Engineer

So we think benson may leave I'd jordan does well?

jayparr

Helluva Engineer

*Could this be Jonathon all over again? Quite frankly I didn't know he had another year!