Jordan Mason Highlights

VintageWreck

Jolly Good Fellow
You are correct sir.
Just watch Gibbs. Based on his film he may have that extra speed. I will also say he has good vision and knows when to hit the hole.

slugboy

Staff member
In yards per attempt, he was #6 in the ACC, but we had a rough blocking year. Underrated.

Code:
                                                   Rush           Rece              Scri
Year           School Conf Class Pos  G Att  Yds Avg TD Rec Yds Avg TD Plays  Yds Avg TD
*2018    Georgia Tech  ACC    FR  RB 13 108  659 6.1  7   1   2 2.0  0   109  661 6.1  7
2019     Georgia Tech  ACC    SO  RB 12 172  899 5.2  7   7  43 6.1  0   179  942 5.3  7
Career                     Georgia Tech 280 1558 5.6 14   8  45 5.6  0   288 1603 5.6 14
Provided by CFB at Sports Reference: View Original Table
Generated 1/24/2020.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
The kicker here is that he was good in 2018 too. As the film shows, the guy is a lot cuter then he looks; he runs strong so people tend to ignore the cuts. He'll do over 1000 next year. And we'll be improved. And we may win about the same number of games.

SecretAgentBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
I realized a few things in this video:

1. Mason is a good running back, with good vision and toughness, along with a nice ability to cutback.
2. Our offense really missed J. Lee on the inside and J. Camp blocking on the outside. Those guys could hold their blocks really well. Glad they are both coming back.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
Choice had a nice little NFL career despite lacking homerun speed. Emmit Smith was not all that fast either.

Of course, I will take homerun speed any day. I do see Mason as a pro prospect though. Like Choice he has quickness and yards after contact. Do everything else well, have a good head on your shoulders, don't fumble, and be a great team guy and you will have value in The League.

LibertyTurns

Banned
Choice had a nice little NFL career despite lacking homerun speed. Emmit Smith was not all that fast either.

Of course, I will take homerun speed any day. I do see Mason as a pro prospect though. Like Choice he has quickness and yards after contact. Do everything else well, have a good head on your shoulders, don't fumble, and be a great team guy and you will have value in The League.
Add in Frank Gore, La’Veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshawn Lynch. None of those guys were speed burners.

Em_Jae20

Helluva Engineer
Add in Frank Gore, La’Veon Bell, Ahmad Bradshaw, Marshawn Lynch. None of those guys were speed burners.
It's funny you mention Frank Gore. I looked at his Miami highlights the day I posted this because that's who JP kind of reminded of. I found that JP reminds me more of what Gore became after the knee injuries. His freshman year he had runs where he outran angles and didn't get caught from behind. Had he never gotten hurt I think Gore could've been a high 4.4 guy, while at his combine he still ran a 4.58. I think a 4.58 forty is definitely attainable for JP.

swarmer

Ramblin' Wreck
Be really surprised if Mason could run in the 4.5s. More of a 4.7ish guy. Doesn’t mean he can’t play in the league.

Stinger21

Jolly Good Fellow
Mason is our RB1....period. Griffin and Gibbs are going to be extremely good as a RB duo. But right now, Mason is the guy. His vision is spectacular. His cuts are crisp. He runs HARD. He has everything you want in a RB this early in the game. Is that saying he’s more talented than the other guys? No. But he’s the guy right now and I’m completely fine with it. Look for him to gain about 10 pounds this offseason and really improve as a power runner. Add these grad transfer OL and watch the **** out. Not only am I a fan of his play style, he’s come in here and worked his butt off and it’s really starting to show. CGC already said he’s one of the first in and last out. Gotta love that from of of you’re most important skill positions players!!! Most of those skill guys these days are pre Madonna

potatohead

Ramblin' Wreck
Mason is our RB1....period. Griffin and Gibbs are going to be extremely good as a RB duo. But right now, Mason is the guy. His vision is spectacular. His cuts are crisp. He runs HARD. He has everything you want in a RB this early in the game. Is that saying he’s more talented than the other guys? No. But he’s the guy right now and I’m completely fine with it. Look for him to gain about 10 pounds this offseason and really improve as a power runner. Add these grad transfer OL and watch the **** out. Not only am I a fan of his play style, he’s come in here and worked his butt off and it’s really starting to show. CGC already said he’s one of the first in and last out. Gotta love that from of of you’re most important skill positions players!!! Most of those skill guys these days are pre Madonna

I was always considered Madonna as pretty ground breaking and unique singer, so I’m not sure who are her influences or as you state, pre-Madonna.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer

Mason brings his lunch pail. I would love to see him and Gibbs in the backfield.

InsideLB

Helluva Engineer
[QUOTE="Stinger21,] Most of those skill guys these days are pre Madonna[/QUOTE]

Buncha old doods out there flyin' around!;)

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Mason brings his lunch pail. I would love to see him and Gibbs in the backfield.

Mason plus an OL that include transfers Cochran + Johnson, a healthy Cooper, Defoor, and Minihan is going to be fun to watch. Mason won't have to fight off defenders as much at the LOS. Should help him with wear and tear throughout the season. Griffin will be sophomore and not a true freshmen, and he had flashes (NEEDS TO HANG ON TO THE BALL!!).

Griffin will just be the cherry and chocolate icing on top. That's should be fun he ends up here.

jacket_fan

Ramblin' Wreck
The highlights did not include some of his short yardage runs where he broke tackles and showed how much of a beast he really is. He still is my MVP from last year and I hope he improves in the off season.

I know you can't coach speed. And he may not be that 100 yard speedster. But seems he has that first step speed you need as a running back.