Jordan Luallen

SoCal_GT_Fan

Jolly Good Fellow
With all the talk about Matthew Jordan's recruitment on the GT football recruiting section, his tape kind of reminds me of a 4-star dual-threat QB in our 2009 recruiting class in Jordan Luallen. 

My question is, what was the reason for him transferring?  I recall many on AJC.com and other forums saying a whole slew of things from being home sick, to not picking up the offense quickly, and for being low on the depth chart but nothing definitive.

I know he transferred to the University of Cincinnati (he's from around that area I believe) but he never panned out as a QB there as well and became a TE.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
I think it just became a depth chart thing. Luallen, who was a good player in practice, got derailed by an an ankle injury. That pushed him behind, Nesbitt, Jaybo(may have been GaSouthern),Tevin,Sims. Don't know if it was nagging injury, but he didn't look the same afterwards. It may be safe to say if he had stayed and got healthy, Tevin would be obsolete to Tech nation

GTrob21

Helluva Engineer
He was slow, Jordan was here when I was attending practices regularly and honestly he was way down on the chart. 

Tevin and Sims at that point were ahead of him. He had the arm strength but didn't make reads that well and was very slow at developing the pitch.

I don't know the reasons for his transferring, but if I was him, the handwriting was clearly on the wall. He wouldn't have played much if any at GT

johncu22

Georgia Tech Fan
I was never impressed with his videos anyway.  Just another miss by the recruiting rankings - he was a 4 star player.