Jonesin' for some slo-mo

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Longestdays, iBeeballin, where y'all AT?!? I don't want to hear excuses about jobs or family. It's football season and we just played a KILLER game on defense. Hope y'all post some videos soon!

Granted, it was against poor competition, but it was as close to suffocating as I've seen our D in years. People beating blocks, guys making good tackles, being in the right spot in coverage to make interceptions.

I did have to chuckle at Corey, like cmon man. My dad and I typically respond to that "That's why he plays DB instead of WR". Get that boy in front of a Juggs machine and make him catch the ball with his hands! I was excited for him though, great to see him in the spot to makes plays. He will reel the next ones in I'm sure.

Feels like we've barely played any ball even though it's coming up on week 6.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Griffin had a brace on his right elbow. I thought is was funny how he let both balls (potential INTs) into his torso instead of using his hands and both clanked off his brace, haha. Go figure.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
My MacBook is making it difficult for me right now. Won’t connect to my WiFi (saying hardware not installed). Guess I’ll hardwire it, and get on it in the morning bc I’m interested at looking at if there is any changes to our defensive approach

JacketFromUGA

Helluva Engineer
Get him a new set of gloves!
0965f5ebcfce16d8951b49581d71b327.png

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
My MacBook is making it difficult for me right now. Won’t connect to my WiFi (saying hardware not installed). Guess I’ll hardwire it, and get on it in the morning bc I’m interested at looking at if there is any changes to our defensive approach

I'm a big Apple fan cause normally their stuff just works. But it's super aggravating when it doesn't.

That last part though . . . those changes you're talking about are why I've been so excited to see you break down what's going on. I feel like I might jinx it by talking about it, but it's like I'm finally seeing the different approach a lot of us have been wishing for.

I know others have said it before but we can't say it enough, thank you for taking the time to make the videos and share your insights, we appreciate it!

tech_wreck47

Helluva Engineer
One thing I know that's changed is our cushions on the outside.
Most definitely, safeties are playing closer to the LOS as well.

Funny story, I had a dream that I was talking to one of our DB's not sure which one. The DB told me that Roof changed up what he was teaching them on the outside. I remember knowing he was telling me that because we were talking about how they have improved and why, but I don't actually remember that conversation in the dream. I just knew that's what we had been talking about. This must mean it's true right?

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
Nah, I'm no defensive guru, but we are playing differently. It's the same 4-2-5, but lots of good things seem different.

DBs are definitely a lot tighter a lot more often, and more situationally appropriate. I'm not seeing us line up 10 yards off the WR and back peddle at the snap when it's 3rd and 7.

Safeties have started around the same place if not closer, and are often moving forward at the snap.

One of the biggest differences I've seen is D line looks like they are finally attacking and not just playing patty cake.

wreckrod

Jolly Good Fellow
All of them! Lol I know that takes a long time. Honestly no one thing in particular. If anything maybe the bad drives, what are we doing wrong, etc. Does it seem like something that is correctable, or is it just the other team making good plays?

But also a good drive, especially if we changed the blocking or all of a sudden started making more hay.

I just really like watching all of it. And that's true for both sides of the ball. I want to understand what's actually happening that I probably missed live. I don't know anywhere near enough to be a coach but I'm always trying to wrap my brain around what the guys on the field are seeing and why they do (particularly when it doesn't line up with what they should do).

Again, thank you and iBeeballin so much for the videos that you create. I'm just kind of missing football because I feel like we've barely played any games.

ibeattetris

Helluva Engineer
All of them! Lol I know that takes a long time. Honestly no one thing in particular. If anything maybe the bad drives, what are we doing wrong, etc. Does it seem like something that is correctable, or is it just the other team making good plays?

But also a good drive, especially if we changed the blocking or all of a sudden started making more hay.

I just really like watching all of it. And that's true for both sides of the ball. I want to understand what's actually happening that I probably missed live. I don't know anywhere near enough to be a coach but I'm always trying to wrap my brain around what the guys on the field are seeing and why they do (particularly when it doesn't line up with what they should do).

Again, thank you and iBeeballin so much for the videos that you create. I'm just kind of missing football because I feel like we've barely played any games.
Nice try Mark Richt. ;)