Jersey question

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Is the bookstore or any place around BDS selling this years jerseys? I want one for the game Thursday night. Can't find anything online except some generic Wal Mart looking ones. Yea, I know. No one over 30 should wear jerseys to games says the people on TOS but I really don't give a damn about what a boring *** fan has to say. Lol
Thanks

GTJason

Helluva Engineer
Just to be clear, the ones at the bookstore are the Walmart looking ones though. Might do well on eBay for something a little better quality. Chinese knockoffs are better than Russell replica jerseys. Also you can only buy #16 jerseys for the current year at the bookstore. Not sure if you care about numbers.

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Thanks. Yea I knew about the number thing. They started that last year I believe. Just want something that looks somewhat similar to what we are wearing this year. The replicas last year weren't even close.

sweeper

Georgia Tech Fan
Before the game yesterday, took the kids to the bookstore to get jerseys. Worker there said all they had were the white jerseys on that front table. None looking like the current jersey and certainly no gold or navy colors. She then said no others would be in for 2-3 MONTHS and that I would do better ordering them on-line. Nice!! Who runs that place?

RyanS12

Helluva Engineer
Wow. Now the question is what online website? Because there aren't any on the Barnes and noble bookstore site. I plan on going there Tuesday when I fly in and let them know the online selection is a joke.

iceeater1969

Helluva Engineer
On way up to game we stopped in Columbus at a college sports shirt store and found about 1/2 the store set up for uga.
The rest was divided 1/4 for alabama, and 1/4 for fsu, auburn, etc .
No gt.
Recruiting in Georgia is an uphill battle.

Lexjacket

Ramblin' Wreck
Before the game yesterday, took the kids to the bookstore to get jerseys. Worker there said all they had were the white jerseys on that front table. None looking like the current jersey and certainly no gold or navy colors. She then said no others would be in for 2-3 MONTHS and that I would do better ordering them on-line. Nice!! Who runs that place?

Wow. Now the question is what online website? Because there aren't any on the Barnes and noble bookstore site. I plan on going there Tuesday when I fly in and let them know the online section is a joke.

This issue has been going on forever. The problem is 'The Hill' controls the licensing not the Athletic Department. I wouldn't be surprised if there were kick-backs going on. Tech gear marketing is the worst in college football. The buyers for the bookstore have no clue and the whoever manages it will not respond to customers. The only decent jerseys I've been able to buy I found on ebay.:banghead:

Towaliga

Helluva Engineer
We live east of Atlanta and have been trying to get GT gear, but have been told by more than one store that their distributor/supplier is not allowed by GT to sell them much (if any) GT clothing. At first I just thought it was a line they were giving us because they make their living selling dawg hear (and it's not even Walmart),but now I'm not so sure.

65Jacket

GT Athlete
Too bad our fair weather fans last year left the company, that sold GT apparel at the Tech fest before each game, holding the bag with a full supply of gear. That forced them out of business. Now we have no good place to find GT gear.