Helluva Engineer
I mentioned this would be a good bet.
This wont push them over the top due to their QB I dont think
Great hire tho.
Charles Kelly promoted up at FSU ???

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Did him and Jimbo have a fistfight or something? Makes no sense unless there's something happening under the table.

Ah well, like I said before no need to get up or down about anything they do. History is the best teacher when it comes to UGA. 34 years of history ... and counting.

MacDaddy2

Jolly Good Fellow
Did him and Jimbo have a fistfight or something? Makes no sense unless there's something happening under the table.

Ah well, like I said before no need to get up or down about anything they do. History is the best teacher when it comes to UGA. 34 years of history ... and counting.

Jimbo is widely know was being a pain in the rear to work for. You are right there is no need to look at what UGA is doing, we have enough of our own issues to deal with first!

TheTaxJacket

Ramblin' Wreck
He be there two years tops. But this may get them a NC. Its a great hire.

LOL...no.

You are feeding into the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. He is a first year DC at FSU and he inherited a defense full of juniors and seniors who are also 5* and 4* players, two of which (Jernigan and Joyner) are the best on the defensive side FSU has had since Barry Sanders roamed their defense. Sorry, but UGA just hired Shaka Smart until I see otherwise.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
LOL...no.

You are feeding into the "what have you done for me lately" mentality. He is a first year DC at FSU and he inherited a defense full of juniors and seniors who are also 5* and 4* players, two of which (Jernigan and Joyner) are the best on the defensive side FSU has had since Barry Sanders roamed their defense. Sorry, but UGA just hired Shaka Smart until I see otherwise.

Quick TaxJ, edit that out. :LOL:Also, uh, Shaka Smart ain't bad.

techman78

Jolly Good Fellow
So dude has 1 season as a DC and 3 years as a DB coach now all the sudden he is gonna help the Mutts win a NC?? Really? Its not like he came to FSU with a bare cupboard to coach on D. They have been solid on D before he got there. In my opinion this job could either make or break him. If he doesnt revamp the Mutts D everyone will say he wasnt cut out or ready for the SEC. If he does revamp it he gets a HC job within 3 years at another factory school. Not saying this isnt a good hire just saying he doesnt have a lot of experience to base it upon.

ATL1

Helluva Engineer
LOL...no.

Hell Shaka Smart would be a great hire.

ramblinvak

Ramblin' Wreck
Apparently he is a top notch recruiter though. The radio mentioned he was rated as the top recruiter in the nation in 2012. If he can coach his players up even a little bit better than grantham, these next few years may get a little tougher for us. Wished we had capitalized on the opportunities we have had over the past few years especially 2013 and 2011.