Jemea Thomas

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
The UVA game should be what all NFL scouts look at. Showed that he is a complete DB. Can play press man or off. Can play in the box as the 8 man (destroyed Parks short of the 1st down) or will fill the alley in run support (ala FSU ACCCG). Can drive on the ball when playing zone. Versatility is insane. Can play field or boundary CB, SS, Nickel back, and can return punts.

I know Lamarcus Joyner is going to get all the love at S (who is the smaller than Jemea) but Jemea deserves 1st or 2nd team All-ACC.

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*
Yep, Thomas is the best DB I've seen in my years of following GT ... Morgan Burnett may be tied with him.

Whoa… pump the brakes. lol. I think Jemea is all-world but he's not the ballhawk Morgan was. Their games are similar bc that is who Jemea patterns his game after and Morgan was his mentor when got to Tech

vamosjackets

GT Athlete
Featured Member
Whoa… pump the brakes. lol. I think Jemea is all-world but he's not the ballhawk Morgan was. Their games are similar bc that is who Jemea patterns his game after and Morgan was his mentor when got to Tech
I agree, brakes are pumped. But, I will still say, I think Jemea has actually been more productive as a player at GT than Morgan. And, I'm not saying that to take anything away from Morgan - wish we could've signed him to a 15 year contract. He's probably the most talented DB GT's ever had. It just speaks volumes of Jemea to produce like he does.

Jemea plays with a wreckless abandon out there. He tries to destroy people when he tackles them. I don't know how he doesn't get hurt sometimes. When I watch him play I think, if he hadn't played football, he could've been an Olympic wrestler ... seriously, he's a takedown artist. And, he's great in coverage. If I had to pick between he and Morgan, ... I mean, how do you not take Morgan, but it would be a very, very hard decision, and I'm not sure what I would do, which says a lot about what Jemea has done in his career on the Flats. Of course, Morgan left a year early, so having him as a senior would've probably given us the best year by a GT DB ever and a whole different perspective.

It's a fun comparison to make though. A similarly fun one might be Attaochu vs Derick Morgan.

Last edited:

Eric

Retired Co-Founder

+1. Burnett came in and was a starter by mid-season at CB! Kid was so talented.

You right that right on Jemea and Burnett...they are close friends.