Jemea Thomas

Discussion in 'Georgia Tech Football' started by Eric, Oct 27, 2013.

1. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

15 tackles yesterday.

Jn4heisman likes this.
  2. BainbridgeJacket

BainbridgeJacket Helluva Engineer

He is our run defense.

poodleface, Bskelley and D-man44 like this.
  3. jchens_GT

jchens_GT Ramblin' Wreck

He is ridiculous. Did you all see the hit he laid on UVA's tight end?

4. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete Featured Member

The UVA game should be what all NFL scouts look at. Showed that he is a complete DB. Can play press man or off. Can play in the box as the 8 man (destroyed Parks short of the 1st down) or will fill the alley in run support (ala FSU ACCCG). Can drive on the ball when playing zone. Versatility is insane. Can play field or boundary CB, SS, Nickel back, and can return punts.

I know Lamarcus Joyner is going to get all the love at S (who is the smaller than Jemea) but Jemea deserves 1st or 2nd team All-ACC.

5. awbuzz

awbuzz Helluva Engineer

I think 11 of those 15 tackles were SOLO to boot! Good technique and a tad of luck. :)

6. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

I honestly wouldn't trade him for anybody at safety.

7. Jn4heisman

Jn4heisman Jolly Good Fellow

This kid is going to be a beast on the next level too! I hope the Falcons can get him and he can teach DeCoud how to tackle!!

bat_082994 and GTonTop88 like this.
  8. vamosjackets

vamosjackets GT Athlete Featured Member

Yep, Thomas is the best DB I've seen in my years of following GT ... Morgan Burnett may be tied with him.

Jn4heisman likes this.
  9. IronJacket7

IronJacket7 Helluva Engineer

If he wasn't doing such a great job at nickel then I would suggest putting him in Louis Young's corner spot.

10. GTonTop88

GTonTop88 Helluva Engineer

Our run defense looks a lot better with him at safety.

11. Ibeeballin

Ibeeballin GT Athlete Featured Member

Whoa… pump the brakes. lol. I think Jemea is all-world but he's not the ballhawk Morgan was. Their games are similar bc that is who Jemea patterns his game after and Morgan was his mentor when got to Tech

BainbridgeJacket likes this.
  12. vamosjackets

vamosjackets GT Athlete Featured Member

I agree, brakes are pumped. But, I will still say, I think Jemea has actually been more productive as a player at GT than Morgan. And, I'm not saying that to take anything away from Morgan - wish we could've signed him to a 15 year contract. He's probably the most talented DB GT's ever had. It just speaks volumes of Jemea to produce like he does.

Jemea plays with a wreckless abandon out there. He tries to destroy people when he tackles them. I don't know how he doesn't get hurt sometimes. When I watch him play I think, if he hadn't played football, he could've been an Olympic wrestler ... seriously, he's a takedown artist. And, he's great in coverage. If I had to pick between he and Morgan, ... I mean, how do you not take Morgan, but it would be a very, very hard decision, and I'm not sure what I would do, which says a lot about what Jemea has done in his career on the Flats. Of course, Morgan left a year early, so having him as a senior would've probably given us the best year by a GT DB ever and a whole different perspective.

It's a fun comparison to make though. A similarly fun one might be Attaochu vs Derick Morgan.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2013
    gtg609q, bat_082994 and poodleface like this.
  13. Eric

Eric Retired Co-Founder Staff Member

+1. Burnett came in and was a starter by mid-season at CB! Kid was so talented.

You right that right on Jemea and Burnett...they are close friends.