Jemea Thomas invited to NFL combime

Techster

Helluva Engineer
Other GT fans may disagree, but I believe stuff like this is important to our football program. Recruits want to see players from a football program go to combines and the NFL. It means our program is giving kids opportunity to play in the NFL draft, and that is a HUGE selling point in recruiting.

Congrats to Jemea. I'm sure Attaochou was invited as well.

kg01

Get-Bak! Coach
Featured Member
Other GT fans may disagree, but I believe stuff like this is important to our football program. Recruits want to see players from a football program go to combines and the NFL. It means our program is giving kids opportunity to play in the NFL draft, and that is a HUGE selling point in recruiting.

Congrats to Jemea. I'm sure Attaochou was invited as well.

I hope no one disagree with this.

Congrats to 14!

daBuzz

Ramblin' Wreck
Very happy for Jemea and I think he makes an NFL roster somewhere as a special teams player. I'd be surprised (albeit pleasantly) if he is drafted though.

Boomergump

Helluva Engineer
Featured Member
Look around the country and see how many more productive players from the secondary you can find.

DvilleJacket

Helluva Engineer
You got to think someone will at least pick him up as a free agent. I hope he does well enough to be a late round pick. The guy can play football!

JazzyD95

Ramblin' Wreck
He can play damn good football, my only concern with his invite is that he might not have the measurables that teams are looking for. The team that takes him is going to need to realize that, while he may not be the fastest, tallest, most athletic corner, he is a baller. One of the most sound players I've seen in a while

Techster

Helluva Engineer

Techster

Helluva Engineer
If I were the Falcons I'd start him at whatever safety spot Thomas Decoud is currently "playing." Frees up some cash, and you get better production for a fraction of the price.

Good for "iPod."

Jemea's game reminds me of Ed Reed and Bob Sanders. Not very big framewise, but a hard hitter with a knack for making plays. The one thing Jemea doesn't have that Reed did have is speed, but physically and how Reed and Sanders play the game is so similar to Jemea's.

Rodney Kent

Ramblin' Wreck
Yes, it definitely helps a college team with recruiting when some of their players are selected for tryouts or drafted to the pros. Of course, a good player will be noticed anywhere, but it still helps recruiting to a degree.