Jeff Sims

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What you mean is you won't stand still while Yates is singled out. Because you haven't displayed this level of self righteousness when people have singled out Sims
You are incorrect. Here are statements of what I've said just within this thread about Sims, copied verbatim:

"Absolutely true that it's [what ibeeballin said] no more disrespectful than what some are saying about Sims."

"I hope Sims is healthy and plays so well that he [Yates] never sees the field."

[About Sims] "Thanks for compiling those stats. 16 TOs in the first 8 games, then 10 in the last 8. Getting better."

"Sims' upside is higher"

"Speaking for myself, I'm glad to have both of them".

"{Well, some are trying to tear down one QB to build up the other. Me, I think both have talent and both have the potential to win."

'Nuff said.

Last edited:

lv20gt

Helluva Engineer
You are incorrect. Here are statements of what I've said just within this thread about Sims, copied verbatim:

What? Your point is you weren't going to stand by while Yates was singled out. When Sims is singled out by others you haven't taken the same moral outrage as in the post that I quoted. None of the posts you quoted were in response to those who have singled out Sims. We've had posters claim that we'd have lost 31-3 against Clemson if Sims had played. That is worse than "cherry picking" plays that actually happened. It's just straight making stuff up. We've had posters insinuate that other players believe Sims isn't giving effort. We've had posters try and lay the blame for our defense being terrible on Sims throwing an INT. We've had posters stop just short of calling Sims too stupid to be coached. So where was the "I won't stand still while a player is singled out"?

You don't single Sims out. You also don't have the same stance in response to those that do that you have towards it when it comes to Yates.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
What? Your point is you weren't going to stand by while Yates was singled out. When Sims is singled out by others you haven't taken the same moral outrage as in the post that I quoted. None of the posts you quoted were in response to those who have singled out Sims. We've had posters claim that we'd have lost 31-3 against Clemson if Sims had played. That is worse than "cherry picking" plays that actually happened. It's just straight making stuff up. We've had posters insinuate that other players believe Sims isn't giving effort. We've had posters try and lay the blame for our defense being terrible on Sims throwing an INT. We've had posters stop just short of calling Sims too stupid to be coached. So where was the "I won't stand still while a player is singled out"?

You don't single Sims out. You also don't have the same stance in response to those that do that you have towards it when it comes to Yates.
I joined the thread about midway through. I haven't even read the first half of it. Did you ever think of that? Most of what I saw was Yates-bashing.
I've shown clearly that I'm on both QB's side. Both of them.

Squints

Helluva Engineer
The Mount Rushmore of anti Collins guys going after ibeeballin now. This thread sucks

Yeah, terrible thread. Not engaging anymore.

Agreed this thread sucks. Imo one of the most annoying features of these threads that suck is the peacocking by posters who want everyone to know they think the thread sucks and they shan't deign to further grace the thread with their presence. No one cares.

kalld12

Banned
@Ibeeballin what you got to say now? I have plenty of footage now hahaha! Jeff Sims is not a QB, he’s an athlete. Can’t blame this one of the D, for many of you, that’s your only argument. Time to let Yates play the rest of the year!

Kennethshannon20

Jolly Good Fellow
@Ibeeballin what you got to say now? I have plenty of footage now hahaha! Jeff Sims is not a QB, he’s an athlete. Can’t blame this one of the D, for many of you, that’s your only argument. Time to let Yates play the rest of the year!
We gave up over 500 yards and we cant blame the D? Are you for real right now?

Sure Sims hurt us plenty today, but giving up 5 and 600 yards every week makes winning a helluva lot harder.

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
I can't go along with this at all, kalid. Sims put forth a fine effort today. I was especially impressed on about 4 dumpoffs for nice gains under pressure. He made a few mistakes but did more right than wrong, IMO. Maybe Yates could have done better, and maybe not. But the point is Sims played hard and played well.

kalld12

Banned
We gave up over 500 yards and we cant blame the D? Are you for real right now?

Sure Sims hurt us plenty today, but giving up 5 and 600 yards every week makes winning a helluva lot harder.
They got how many turnovers and the O couldn’t come up with a FG to tie, or a TD to win? This is absolutely on the O!

kalld12

Banned
I can't go along with this at all, kalid. Sims put forth a fine effort today I was especially impressed on about 4 dumpoffs under pressure. He made a few mistakes but did more right than wrong, IMO. Maybe Yates could have done better, and maybe not. But the point is Sims played hard and played well.
I disagree. How many dinks and dunks did he have over the middle that he short armed or was inaccurate on? Sims had plenty of chances to win us the game today, he didn’t! Yates deserved a series or two earlier on to see if he could provide a spark!

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
Yates deserved a series or two earlier on to see if he could provide a spark!
Maybe. It's a reasonable opinion to have. But it's not a reason to dump on Sims, not at all. Like I said, he did some things wrong but did some things right, too. Yates and Sims are both team players. You need to be a team fan.

kalld12

Banned
I am not arguing the offense failed us, but with even just DECENT D today, we win. Not stopping the run or the pass for 4-5 games in a row is atrocious
I can see your point, the D could have done much better in a lot of areas, but in my opinion we had every chance to win this game on O today and we just couldn’t put it together. QB play hurt us today!

Ibeeballin

Im a 3*

That Sims had a bad day. Bigger surprise from Sims us didn’t run when things broke down.

Defense gives up 600ydw yet they don’t getting any blame?

Let Yates enjoy his rest before he goes in the portal

bobongo

Helluva Engineer
The longer this thread goes on the more obvious it becomes that the Yates versus Sims debate has become a proxy Collins versus Johnson debate. And because of this I don't see any resolution. Any critique of the one will be perceived as an attack on the coach who recruited them. As a wise man once said, it is what it is.
Even the defense of one is seen on an attack of the other. I hadn't given a single thought to who recruited who.