Jeff Sims Reset?

augustabuzz

Helluva Engineer
Play calling against Wake had me screaming in frustration. How do you go so conservative against a team we outmatched in almost every way? That was win I tired of Gailey.
I think your anger was cast in the wrong direction. Patrick Nix was calling plays because some people insisted that Gailey hire an OC and let him call plays. Gailey's play calling was good enough to get his team to and win the Super Bowl, but he wasn't appreciated enough by a few at Ga. Tech. who actually believed their skills were better than his.

Northeast Stinger

Helluva Engineer
I think your anger was cast in the wrong direction. Patrick Nix was calling plays because some people insisted that Gailey hire an OC and let him call plays. Gailey's play calling was good enough to get his team to and win the Super Bowl, but he wasn't appreciated enough by a few at Ga. Tech. who actually believed their skills were better than his.
Was not angry, just frustrated at the waste of talent.

Jerry the Jacket

Helluva Engineer
Sims wasn't doing anything either. Gibson will get better with reps. We should have been giving him some reps earlier in the season so he would have had a little more confidence out there. I doubt we see Sims again this year. Better get the Clemson transfer with the unpronounceable name some reps as well.

Go Jackets!

thebull35

Jolly Good Fellow
I tried warning you guys after the Pitt game that despite his flaws, there was a reason Jeff was trotting out there every snap. I can’t fault Gibson for how he played tonight. He gave it all he had. He’s just not the same caliber of player that Sims is. It literally is what it is.

takethepoints

Helluva Engineer
Sims clearly was still hurt when he started today. Not a single designed QB run which had been our bread and butter the past two weeks
Yes. So why didn't the staff get Gibson up for that? He isn't quick, but you don't have to be Usain Bolt to run QB sweep. He looks tough enough to make that work. Then he's just a double option away from making the O move.

GT33

Helluva Engineer
Sims clearly was still hurt when he started today. Not a single designed QB run which had been our bread and butter the past two weeks
He looked hurt to me as well, but how is this game unlike any of the others that Sims played poorly in that makes you think injury ws the cause? He still makes bad pre-snap calls, still misses reads, still throws way behind his receivers, still waits to long to release his passes making him prone to INTs, he's ijury prone, and he still has bad footwork. He's got a great arm, is a huge runnning threat and he could be our best option, but injury didn't hamper him that much today when he was in from what I could tell.

JacketFan137

Banned
he is far and away the best qb when healthy and anyone who questions that is a moron.

gibson was absolutely horrendous tonight and not capable of playing the qb position at this level. that is only magnified by the sieve of an o line we have since he does not have the speed or wiggle to maneuver a muddy pocket

going forward i hope taisun can get a look, and possibly pyron. at this point i would rather see what they have than waste any more time with gibson. that is assuming sims is missing time

GTBandit22

Helluva Engineer
Yes. So why didn't the staff get Gibson up for that? He isn't quick, but you don't have to be Usain Bolt to run QB sweep. He looks tough enough to make that work. Then he's just a double option away from making the O move.
We did try to run him. He held on to a zone read and gave uva the ball on the 6. And that was the end of that. He had couple of scrambles for positive yardage but he isn’t that type of QB, I don’t think, at least tonight. I think he got his welcome to D1 football moment and it was too much for him.

I saw Gibson throw some good balls and make plays in the spring. He was shook tonight. And wasn’t going against GT third stringers.

The fact he wasn’t ready, and was our best and only option is a black eye for Geoff Collins, Brent Key, Chip Long, and Chris Weinke.